Kids Balance Bike recommendations

GgL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying like hell to get our 3yo daughter onto a balance bike, but she will have nothing of it. Still zoots around on her plastic scooter. Unlike her elder brother who took to his bikes like a duck to water.

If someone is looking for a balance bike I have a JD bug available for a reasonable offer - barney purple - been well used but still in good nick - needs to be moved along to a good home in the Jhb area

If someone is looking for a balance bike I have a JD bug available for a reasonable offer - barney purple - been well used but still in good nick - needs to be moved along to a good home in the Jhb area

If it wasn't purple I would have made you an offer that included me coming for a cup of coffee.

If it wasn't purple I would have made you an offer that included me coming for a cup of coffee.

In the same boat under strict instructions to buy a yellow and black one.

You are welcome to come for coffee anytime :)

It's actually silver with purple tank and mudguard - someone was a barney fan...

In the same boat under strict instructions to buy a yellow and black one.

I can't recall ever seeing a yellow and black one - Linden cycles are the best bet

If it is the bike I am thinking of, I will have you know that it is a custom paint job

I believe the momsen vipa comes in those colours :whistling:

I like the way you think,  I get the Vipa and tow a yellow and black bike trailer   :devil:

Trying like hell to get our 3yo daughter onto a balance bike, but she will have nothing of it. Still zoots around on her plastic scooter. Unlike her elder brother who took to his bikes like a duck to water.

I made the plastic bikes disappear, then my mother in law bought another one and left it at our house, so my wife "by mistake" ran it over when the "toddler" left it under the front tyre.

• 3 years later...

Thread revival...

So here's a list of some of the features of balance bikes that I'm not sure how to rank and weight. Can you kind folks with experience help out, as the thread gave me some ideas but I'd like to get this right.  :) 

• Steering limiter
  • Pneumatic tires
  • Light weight
  • Foot rests
  • Brakes

I might be overthinking this, and availability might dictate what we buy...  :rolleyes:

Thread revival...

So here's a list of some of the features of balance bikes that I'm not sure how to rank and weight. Can you kind folks with experience help out, as the thread gave me some ideas but I'd like to get this right.  :) 

• Steering limiter
  • Pneumatic tires
  • Light weight
  • Foot rests
  • Brakes

I might be overthinking this, and availability might dictate what we buy...  :rolleyes:

Light weight, Pneumatic wheels, proper fit.