Grey skies and low cloud

redolent of Jacques Brel hang

over the Tour de France once

more, but the rain looks to be

holding off for the time being. - CN commentary.

I only know who Brel is because of my mom's love of the music of Laurika Rauch who did an album full of his songs.

So the mood's a bit glum, apparently.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so my prediction of a super fast start (with lots of attacks) was completely wrong  :P .

I hope I'm not going to end up 0 - 2 with my Quick-Step win prediction.

They will be thinking they 'lost' the first stage, so they'll be extra motivated for todays win.

Julian Alaphilippe... Petr Vakoc... Dan Martin....

Let's see if they can beat Sagan, Valverde or GVA in a head-to-head hill sprint.

Or maybe someone sneaks away from an attack at the bottom of the climb while all the big names watch each other.... (Spartacus).

Dan The Man gunning for GC

May aim to use his explosiveness to get a grip on yellow

Let's see....

The last 30 mins is gone be intense ????

I quite like the Sky kit. Perhaps I should get myself a fourth Jersey - in case the washing machine ever breaks ;-)

35km remaining from 182km

The break's lead drops inside the four-minute mark. The race is back on wet roads again, even if more rain is holding off for the time being.

IAM Cycling and Direct Energie are leading the peloton, but delegations from Movistar - supporting Quintana for GC and Valverde for the stage win - and Tinkoff - supporting Contador for GC and Sagan for the stage win - are moving up just behind them.

17km remaining from 182km

The trio of escapees are putting up stout resistance here, and they're still holding a lead of 2:55 over the peloton. They're riding with a considerable degree of belief...

Another mechanical for Gee at a most inopportune time and he is chasing back on through the convoy of team cars, 30 seconds behind the peloton.

These narrow twisty turns will favour the break, tombeej

#panic_in_peloton

Jeez, Rohan Dennis has a big motor. His turn on the front was at 70 km/h. Hells bells.

These narrow twisty turns will favour the break, tombeej

#panic_in_peloton

Ja nee.. they definitely messed this up.

Ian Stannard hits the front of the peloton for Team Sky, with Froome tucked in behind in fourth position.

Archived