BTW

All 198 riders made it to the finish today, including Michael Morkov and Sam Bennett, who were dropped in the final 50 kilometres, still feeling the effects of their heavy falls in the final kilometre yesterday. Morkov came home 197th on the day, 13:39 behind, while Bennett crossed the line 16:23 down on Sagan. They battle on to fight another day at the Tour de France.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2016/07/03/2/sptdw9092_670.jpg

Such a pretty picture [emoji6]

Phil was gerook.

Kept saying that there was a minute gap to chasers.

All of a sudden the chasers were on the leader.

Phil was checking the gap to the yellow jersey the whole time and stating that the chasers were a minute down on the leader. Cav was in the yellow jersey more than a minute down.

Thanks couldnt work that out at the time, either.  Kinda spoilt it a bit thinking the breakaway guy was going to make it.

Sagan will spend his 1st day in the #MaillotJaune tomorrow and his 72nd leading the points classification! #TDF2016 https://t.co/CCHDDB17Cm

That's two riders that have put their hands up and been counted.

Hopefully this continues throughout the Tour and we'll have lots to reflect on in three weeks time.

Peter Sagan doesn't bunny hop his bike, he bounces the Earth underneath it.

Author unknown

Phil was gerook.

Kept saying that there was a minute gap to chasers.

All of a sudden the chasers were on the leader.

Phil was checking the gap to the yellow jersey the whole time and stating that the chasers were a minute down on the leader. Cav was in the yellow jersey more than a minute down.

Thanks couldnt work that out at the time, either.  Kinda spoilt it a bit thinking the breakaway guy was going to make it.

I'm not going to complain as we at least get to see live pictures, BUT... these two a really are a pain in the ar$e to have to listen to. Thanks goodness we don't have to listen to them throughout the whole stage.

I'm all my excitement I forgot about Eddie B.. where did he finish today?

EBH finished 72nd.

1:22 down on the stage

Oh man.. he must be sore from yesterday's fall.. or perhaps miscalculated like we all did and found himself too far back when the action happened... pity.

PS still finished ahead of Porte..[emoji57]

Commentary was mostly in line with the 'factoids' displayed on screen. Pretty sure that is where the commentators got their information on gaps from... I was too busy watching the race, sleeping through the boring bits and doing some tree pruning to worry with the obviously inaccurate information provided on screen or via voice.

Not sure who was to blame for the fallacious statistics, but it might not a good idea to shoot the messenger irrespective of how much he is disliked

Tomorrow is an official work day for us mere mortals, and so real world problems will interfere with the cathedral watching.

Enjoy the Le Tour!

Smart move by Sagan to slow down just that little

For a change. I think it's the first time I'd ever seen him look around when he hit the front. Thought he was going to put his head down again.

Archived