Also keep in mind the Big TT guys did a lot of work yesterday.... see how Dumoulin goes on today.. a lot of work went into getting Barguil back yesterday

I have missed much. What's news on Nairo Nibali?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Megawatts Martin

I'm always impressed by just how still his upper body is when he rides, it would appear all effort is just to pedaling .... nothing wasted

Back down the course and Dumoulin has gone fastest by ten seconds at the first time check. Normality restored somewhat but the Dutch rider still has a long way to go. Martin just couldn't get over the climb fast enough and the descent didn't give him enough of a chance to claw back the difference. Still, he'll be disappointed with that result.

Training Peaks prediction is boody amazing:

Tom Dumoulin: 51:41

Rohan Dennis: 51:50  (Actual = 51:56)

Chris Froome: 52:15

Richie Porte: 52:20

Tony Martin: 52:22 (Actual = 52:20)

Fabian Cancellara: 52:33 (Actual = 53:30)

Nairo Quintana: 53:25

If they are correct on Dumoulin, he should win by about 5 seconds...

Edit: Bold actual times

Just wondering is there a certain speed below which 'aero' is less important than power in the legs i.e. you might as well sit up?

If the wind is still a problem I think NQ will have a tough time with that small body tackling the wind.  What do you guys think?

If the wind is still a problem I think NQ will have a tough time with that small body tackling the wind.  What do you guys think?

I would tend to agree. Power to weight helps you in the mountains, but brute Power prevails in the TT's and in the winds, of which we have both today

Archived