CSA database

Jules

So I decided to enter 94,7 today.

Was very interested to see the following message while entering:

"The Cycle Challenge data management system which is linked directly to the CSA database, will retrieve your CSA licence number according to the ID number you have entered. Your licence number will be displayed below.

(At this stage you may proceed with your entry WITHOUT your CSA licence number.)

Cycling SA Licence Number    

Cycling SA Status    "

So, what I want to know: If CSA is so smart, why on earth do we have to present our licences every time we pick up our numbers?????????????????????

What's more: in the Province of Doom (aka Eastern Cape), the officials there make you race with your licence in your pocket!

These licences are notoriously easy to fake anyway, so the whole presentation thing seems to be a waste of time.

These licences are notoriously easy to fake anyway' date=' [/quote'] Not Anymore!!!!   Fake This!!!!  WinkLOL

http://www.tcsn.co.za/downloads/JacoCSALic.jpg

I won't fake it, I'll sommer print it and use it at my next entry!

Looks like a credit card.  Does it come with Hub credits and lots of freebies?!  I want one. 
Willehond2008-04-17 09:29:00

Kakaa! I like the Foto!!!LOL.......always got a big smile!

is the smile for real though?  Or does CRux have him by the.........

I got a license through the post, but it's not mine.Confused I'm not male, don't live in Sedgefield, not part of Eden Cycling Club and not born in '91 although I sometimes act that way.Embarrassed

So what do I do with the license card? Anyone know a Triston Smith?

Hi Smittie. Is the new style as seen above (Jaco's card) or still the older laminated version?

Carinus

Hi Smittie. Is the new style as seen above (Jaco's card) or still the older laminated version?

Carinus

It's the laminated card

Nice looking card - what does the other side look like? 

Do you really want to see Kakaa from behind Dead
Bateleur12008-04-21 00:55:38

Online cards are the credit type and the laminated one's are the hand delivered application one's.

After having a session with the Myrace and COO officer I am now more aware as to what issues needs to be dealt with within CSA licensing dept.

smittie, would you be so kind as to send info@cyclingsa.com a mail, relating the trouble? They will issue you a new card asap.

Human error is a terrible thing, and that is why we are moving TOWARDS a different environment - knowing full well that all steps are difficult :)

Carinus

ps: I am finalising a business plan / strategy document for CSA today, which will be presented at Congress on Wednesday.

latrinus emmer2008-04-21 01:07:05

• 2 weeks later...

Most cards are sent by post direct to the applicant. Although some clubs have requested that cards go through them - more reliable method, but not all clubs are prepared/equipped to do the admin. TCS handle their members cards, so check with Carel and let me know if not so I can sort it out.

Justin

I got, in my PO box a week ago.  It is laminated, but stapled to the race calender.  So, there are two very neat holes in the lamination.  So, I cant wait to see what will happen as soon as some water seeps in there.  NO, I wont go and dunk it on purpose, but isn't half the benefit of lamination waterproofing? Clap

FreakishlySlow2008-05-02 06:40:47