New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

On 8/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, patches said:

In other news... I'm not going to be the first kiwi citizen in the household.

About 4 weeks ago, we gained a house-mate. She's noisy, messy, late on rent and doesn't pull her weight around the house...

...but Mum and Dad are smitten, so she can stay for the next 18yrs or so!

image.png.f3d2bd882f0e6318609a28a637ffd4ea.png

(Too young for Kids DIY class, but never too young to go to Bunnings with Dad)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/7/2023 at 7:53 AM, patches said:

The good...

I finally applied for my citizenship...

...sadly though, my Aus visitors visa has expired and I was hoping that I would have a little black passport by the time I head across the Tasman again (therefore not needing to renew said visitor visa), but alas, citizenship processing times seem to range from 5 - 15 months. So I won't hold my breath.

@Wayne Potgieter, how long was the processing time frame for your citizenship, and how long after that for passports?

My citizenship was approved within a month from applying, I only have my ceremony in Oct though.

Congrats on the other parcel of news, now you will see money disappear into thin air! 

2 hours ago, hayleyearth said:

My citizenship was approved within a month from applying, I only have my ceremony in Oct though.

Congrats on the other parcel of news, now you will see money disappear into thin air! 

Wait until they are 14 year old boys that have an insane ability to hoover up twice the food a normal adult will consume and also don't know how to switch off lights when leaving rooms. Bye Bye Money.

:)

3 hours ago, hayleyearth said:

41 minutes ago, Wayne Potgieter said:

Wait until they are 14 year old boys that have an insane ability to hoover up twice the food a normal adult will consume and also don't know how to switch off lights when leaving rooms. Bye Bye Money.

My power bill is already up by $120 this month (convection heaters and heat pump running 24/7).

As for the lights... I remember my Dad going round turning lights off if we forgot to... I've now lived long enough to turn into him, hahaha

On 8/10/2023 at 10:15 AM, Wayne Potgieter said:

I can confirm. Son ate like a bird for the first 14 years. Over the last few months it’s supper, second supper, first snack, second snack…

The calories are all getting converted into height, growing 1cm per month. As a result he has plotted his forecast growth so that his dream forever bike can be ordered so it arrives just in time for it to fit him.

A Propain Tyee Al 6. Bye bye money indeed, but it’s the last bike we ever plan to buy him. 

On 8/8/2023 at 6:49 AM, patches said:

About 4 weeks ago, we gained a house-mate. She's noisy, messy, late on rent and doesn't pull her weight around the house...

Congratulations and strap in to enjoy the ride. Hopefully she learns some better habits over the next 18 years, but with teenagers - no guarantees!

On 8/12/2023 at 9:55 PM, patham said:

Congratulations and strap in to enjoy the ride. Hopefully she learns some better habits over the next 18 years, but with teenagers - no guarantees!

We're already dreading future disappointments... like what if she starts vaping, or wants to become an influencer 😅

On 7/16/2023 at 10:00 PM, ByronH said:

Hey there Dave. I'm pretty keen to try a ride around this Puhoi area. Would you have any gpx files, previous rides which i can follow? Or even a road name?

Thank so much, Byron

Hi Byron

Try this as a start?

https://www.strava.com/activities/5070686274

Braam does a lot of riding on the shore - have a look at some of his tracks...?
https://www.strava.com/athletes/39332328?oq=bra

On 8/8/2023 at 8:49 AM, patches said:

Ha - Congratulations!!

Best thing ever...

Anyone on here that have kids around the age of 5 and/or 2 that's keen for playdates? 😃 

....or that live around eastern suburbs and have a wife that would be keen to go for some runs or rides? 

I want to get back into things!!

Does anyone have contact with Slowbee? I pop in here every now and then to see if he posts, but I hope his silence is because he is enjoying EnZed.

On 8/25/2023 at 3:23 PM, PhilipV said:

Does anyone have contact with Slowbee? I pop in here every now and then to see if he posts, but I hope his silence is because he is enjoying EnZed.

I chat with him occasionally on Whatsapp and he is always in good spirits.

On 8/21/2023 at 8:44 PM, hayleyearth said:

Anyone on here that have kids around the age of 5 and/or 2 that's keen for playdates? 😃 

....or that live around eastern suburbs and have a wife that would be keen to go for some runs or rides? 

I want to get back into things!!

I know it doesnt quite meet your requirements, but happy to do some cool stuff up north!

On 8/7/2023 at 7:53 AM, patches said:

The good...

I finally applied for my citizenship...

...sadly though, my Aus visitors visa has expired and I was hoping that I would have a little black passport by the time I head across the Tasman again (therefore not needing to renew said visitor visa), but alas, citizenship processing times seem to range from 5 - 15 months. So I won't hold my breath.

@Wayne Potgieter, how long was the processing time frame for your citizenship, and how long after that for passports?

How much did you pay for your AUS visitors visa?

On 8/28/2023 at 3:39 PM, hayleyearth said:

How much did you pay for your AUS visitors visa?

They used to be about AUD160 and another NZD40-ish for biometrics.

I got my last one for free as the previous one expired during Covid. Very nice of the Aus government.

But recently submitted an application and it was AUD190. Not sure how much biometrics will be. 

EDIT: booked my Biometrics this morning. No payment required. Seems that nowadays that fee is covered in the AUD 190.No payment required. Seems that nowadays that fee is covered in the AUD 190.

Scrap that, I was wrong... it's $65 for biometrics. I found out this morning when I went for mine. I forgot that they only ask for it on the day. Why they don't just make you pay when booking the appointment, who knows?!

Edited by patches