New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a lift from the airport?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I will never bug someone that time of night. I will get a shuttle thanks  :thumbup:  (I will have a bike box too)

I took a taxi from the airport to the CBD (Queen St, by the ferry and Britomart Train Station)... $114  :eek:

It was my first time to Auckland so taxi seemed like the safest bet. But my colleague from Wellington takes the bus from the airport to the office, when he visits head office.

I find the Auckland bus system very confusing compared to Christchurch. 83X, 752, A71, etc... they sound like NFL plays.

But then again, I'm a simple southerner, :lol:

I took a taxi from the airport to the CBD (Queen St, by the ferry and Britomart Train Station)... $114  :eek:

It was my first time to Auckland so taxi seemed like the safest bet. But my colleague from Wellington takes the bus from the airport to the office, when he visits head office.

I find the Auckland bus system very confusing compared to Christchurch. 83X, 752, A71, etc... they sound like NFL plays.

Use your phone; google maps will tell you which bus to catch and from where. Ask other commuters for help if you need it, they will generally gladly assist. Google is better than Auckland Transport's app.

Use your phone; google maps will tell you which bus to catch and from where. Ask other commuters for help if you need it, they will generally gladly assist. Google is better than Auckland Transport's app.

Yeah, I tried to use the online transport site. I printed out the trip details. Went and waited for bus 85X. There were bus stops on either side of the street so didn't know which one to stand at. I picked a side, and waited. Saw bus 86X drive by when 85X should have been there. Waited another 10min watching all sorts of buses pass by. Eventually I picked one that I thought was heading in the direction I wanted. Luckily I was kinda right, hahahaa!

They have an APP which is really cool. Put where you are and where you want to go and Voila! Just make sure you download the one with AT as the logo

They have an APP which is really cool. Put where you are and where you want to go and Voila! Just make sure you download the one with AT as the logo

Google Maps is way better than the AT app - more accurate, more versatile, easier to use...

Yeah, I tried to use the online transport site. I printed out the trip details. Went and waited for bus 85X. There were bus stops on either side of the street so didn't know which one to stand at. I picked a side, and waited. Saw bus 86X drive by when 85X should have been there. Waited another 10min watching all sorts of buses pass by. Eventually I picked one that I thought was heading in the direction I wanted. Luckily I was kinda right, hahahaa!

Ha ha ha you won't believe how many times I've ended up being on the wrong side of the road. For a recent trip to the airport, I watched the bus sail by and had to get an Uber in order to make it on time. Glad to hear I am not the only dumbass who does that!

Google Maps is way better than the AT app - more accurate, more versatile, easier to use...

Each to his own/or maybe I am just to dumb to use google properly.

Each to his own/or maybe I am just to dumb to use google properly.

Seriously, figure out how to use google maps, it's awesome. Make sure it is up to date, then you just whack in where you are going, then choose from the tabs at the top if you are walking, cycling, driving, or taking a bus. Does it all for ya. And having used AT app for a while before realising Google does it better, I have compared both. AT rarely has the buses on time or all the options available to you...

orrrrrr...

Just move to Christchurch where everything is simpler and close together! :lol:

and colder etc and I stand the chance of waking up one day with my bed down a hole caused by some serious rumbling?

Must say it is beautiful down there. And more than likely a Whole lot cheaper than up here.

orrrrrr...

Just move to Christchurch where everything is simpler and close together! :lol:

SI way too cold, 'not habitable by civilized men' :P

and colder etc and I stand the chance of waking up one day with my bed down a hole caused by some serious rumbling?

Must say it is beautiful down there. And more than likely a Whole lot cheaper than up here.

SI way too cold, 'not habitable by civilized men' :P

Cold... what you talking about... it was 25°C today!

hahahaha, but yeah winter will come... and so will snow sports. But I have double glazing, gas and under floor heating, and like a gazillion blankets... so bring it on!

As for civilization... one of my colleagues is from Otago... another one calls him a wildling!

You know me..........I have already googled it this side (prices, routes, busses etc etc) and I have it all worked out...haha

Knowing you, you just arrived and went "okay, what now"  :rolleyes:  :P

Didnt it say a route inside of the bus stop? The stop would have had a number or colour code on it to indicate the line/route....Dad and I took the buses in Auckland we we found it easy to use that time. *things one learns from travelling in different countries*  ;)

Packing some clothes last night left me wanting to ask here...

to Wayne and Noli, have the wives found some nice places to shop for clothes....work stuff in particular - I need (not want).  :blush: