New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Genius right...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You going to keep it at Botany Airport right?

:lol:  :lol:  :w00t:

Hand to keep myself from laughing out load now! Soooo many laughs last night!

You going to keep it at Botany Airport right?

[emoji38] [emoji38] :w00t:

Hand to keep myself from laughing out load now! Soooo many laughs last night!

Bwaa haa haa.

Shes going to love this.

[emoji1]

I am going to ride with some okes from work tomorrow after work at Maraetai, we plan to leave work at 3pm.

Who ever of you can join should join.... (Night Rider?)

Apparently the trails are running nice and dry there and should be good before the next rain comes (on Thursday).

I am going to ride with some okes from work tomorrow after work at Maraetai, we plan to leave work at 3pm.

Apparently the trails are running nice and dry there and should be good before the next rain comes (on Thursday).

Leave work at 15:00? Taking a half-day?

It would be interesting to know your work hours. A friend was used to the flexi (early morning start) hours in JHB. She moved to the UK and that was a no-no. She would come in at 7 to find people only arriving at 9. When leaving at 16:00 she got my raised eyebrows and was eventually told to please work a full day; until 17:30. When trying to explain that she comes in at 7, they said that was her choice and was excluded when calculating required hours at work. She quickly changed her working hours.

Sorry, can't make it. Enjoy!!

Leave work at 15:00? Taking a half-day?

It would be interesting to know your work hours. A friend was used to the flexi (early morning start) hours in JHB. She moved to the UK and that was a no-no. She would come in at 7 to find people only arriving at 9. When leaving at 16:00 she got my raised eyebrows and was eventually told to please work a full day; until 17:30. When trying to explain that she comes in at 7, they said that was her choice and was excluded when calculating required hours at work. She quickly changed her working hours.

oh no, this is Kiwi land - "work life balance is important" ....that was drilled into me from the 1st interview.

Like my manager told me yesterday "as long as you clock your 40hours for a week and the people you working with on projects are happy with your times here then I am quite flexible to your flexi time"

I am also starting a course at the University on the 12th September which will have evening classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-7pm, and work allows me then to leave early on those days and they are also paying, so yip, here they are really all about personal growth and like they all say "a good work life balance".

It is generally like an evacuation drill at 4:30pm. The general working hours here are 8-16:30, I thought about changing mine to my hours back home 7-:15:30, but then I realized I can now get a ride in in the morning without having to wake up at 4am like I did back home (I am planning to ride in the mornings from next week - till this week I have still been doing house things shopping etc directly after work, so needed my car here.)

Its Maori Language Week!

post-817-0-99688200-1467782780_thumb.jpg

This is the strongest Maori curse word. Very applicable to this gentleman, who is the most opinionated and up-his-own-backside broadcaster in NZ.

Courtesy of the wonderful Kupu Hou twitter feed - https://twitter.com/KupuHou

Edited by niterider

Its Maori Language Week!

attachicon.gif13613492_1642996102592026_5603220432771787912_o.jpg

This is the strongest Maori curse word. Very applicable to this gentleman, who is the most opinionated and up-his-own-backside broadcaster in NZ.

Courtesy of the wonderful Kupu Hou twitter feed - https://twitter.com/KupuHou

This man is often in my office.

He is married to my M Ds sister

This man is often in my office.

He is married to my M Ds sister

I think I'd have to remove myself from the room if I saw him at the office, in case I accidentally started an argument with him.

Hehe, Mike Hosking is a bloody legend, love his perspective, aligns with mine, except I'm probably a bit more right wing than he is... :)

Hehe, Mike Hosking is a bloody legend, love his perspective, aligns with mine, except I'm probably a bit more right wing than he is... :)

Other than at rugby Kiwi's generally  k@k themselves at confrontation and he is a lone exception

Edited by Delgado

Other than at rugby Kiwi's generally  k@k themselves at confrontation and he is a lone exception

True story - many Kiwis are decidedly reserved. I know this because I interview lots of people day in and day out and Kiwis don't generally give good sound bites. The Aussies, of course, now they are a whole different kettle of fish..

Its not his right-wingism that I have an issue with. Everyone is entitled to an opinion obviously.

Its his racism and misogyny, and that he has a platform to present it as the voice of "middle New Zealand". And that no matter how much he gets out-argued during an interview, he always has the last word, where he often presents opinion as fact and with no chance for rebuttal from the interviewee.

It takes all sorts; of course, don't like Mike, you don't have to watch him. Although, I still force myself to occasionally read the trite rubbish coming out of the deluded leftists like Bradbury and co.