New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

13 days until we fly...... No honeymoon though, just a looksee

What's your itinerary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your itinerary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty dialled in until this past weekend, when we found out the people we're supposed to be staying with in Wellington, will be in Oz at the time we had planned to be there.

We'll mostly be in Auckland, with a quick trip to Hamilton, Waitomo and another via Matamata and Rotorua, then of course Wellington.

Guys and girls... I feel we need to face some reality and talk about the increase in crime in NZ.

I saw this story and things became real... here's some of the ugly...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/15/avocado-thieves-shortage-crime-fruit-black-market-new-zealand

I happen to own 3 avocados. I guess one could say I'm pretty well off. I think I may be a target.

hahaha! :lol:

Edited by patches

Guys and girls... I feel we need to face some reality and talk about the increase in crime in NZ.

I saw this story and things became real... here's some of the ugly...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/15/avocado-thieves-shortage-crime-fruit-black-market-new-zealand

I happen to own 3 avocados. I guess one could say I'm pretty well off. I think I may be a target.

hahaha! :lol:

Whahahaha....Mr and Mrs Potgieter and I spoke about this last night...due to our high rent we pay in Auckland we can not afford avo's though, so we are not sporting the black market... #glasshalffull :lol:

Got myself a pair of these from Torpedo, in preparation for some winter riding. It's starting to get chilly here on the south side

http://www.progravity.nl/files/images/1017.jpg

Edited by patches

Do you get discounts on whiteware?

Yip, and Panasonic stuff (tv's etc) and other things :)

Edot: Oh and I see Haier things too.

On the TVs topic, I have always been a Samsung fan (no REAL reason), but I must say those new Sony's with android capabilities has caught my attention...I am gong to buy one.

Edited by hayleyearth

Yip, and Panasonic stuff (tv's etc) and other things :)

Edot: Oh and I see Haier things too.

On the TVs topic, I have always been a Samsung fan (no REAL reason), but I must say those new Sony's with android capabilities has caught my attention...I am gong to buy one.

Lucky Girl

Will save you a pretty sum when you need to kit your place out.  We have bought a washing machine, tumble dryer, tv and beds which nearly broke the bank.  Still need to try and convince the landlord to let us use the fridge, otherwise we will need to buy one. 

Now to start saving for that boat............................

Lucky Girl

Will save you a pretty sum when you need to kit your place out.  We have bought a washing machine, tumble dryer, tv and beds which nearly broke the bank.  Still need to try and convince the landlord to let us use the fridge, otherwise we will need to buy one. 

Now to start saving for that boat............................

I only have to buy a fridge (and tv) for the place I am moving into, the rest are there already (well whiteware wise).

Edit: Hence why I am going to buy a wine chiller too.... :blush:  :D

Edited by hayleyearth

I only have to buy a fridge (and tv) for the place I am moving into, the rest are there already (well whiteware wise).

Edit: Hence why I am going to buy a wine chiller too.... :blush:  :D

Enjoy.

Party at Hayley's new place!!

For sure as soon as I have my BBQ and a few chairs... hahaha (and actually moved in - which is only after the 27th).

Any advice about okay-ish BBQ/grillers around?

For sure as soon as I have my BBQ and a few chairs... hahaha (and actually moved in - which is only after the 27th).

Any advice about okay-ish BBQ/grillers around?

Weber Q200 is what I have. Hardly uses any gas, and quick to clean. Also relatively compact.

Weber Q200 is what I have. Hardly uses any gas, and quick to clean. Also relatively compact.

Rostie capabilities?

AC power or battery?

Edit: no worries, I can use google...haha

(almost became a typical hubber)

Edited by hayleyearth