Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I got it from the Vitality website. I'll check later.

I can't check now as our internet privileges have been revoked effectively immediately so I will only be on the Bikehub at night from today onwards.[emoji36]

That sucks with the wealth of info you supply!!

hope it is only short term scenario 

Edited by shaper

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks with the wealth of info you supply!!

hope it is only short term scenario

It's definitely long term.

Mine is high but not excessive, as for others that download movies and music and and and...

I got it from the Vitality website. I'll check later.

I can't check now as our internet privileges have been revoked effectively immediately so I will only be on the Bikehub at night from today onwards.[emoji36]

What? There goes our daily updates!

It's an unfair labour practice - The Hub increases productivity and intellectual capital.

Come now IT guys - reinstate Gerald's access.

Could anyone who uses Discovery Insure for their car insurance comment on the cash back they actually receive?

My understanding is that the level of cash back you receive is relative to how well you drive (as recorded by the tracking device installed). I tried out their iPhone app that records how you drive to get an idea of how I would do. I consider myself to be a decent driver and I am guilty of going over the speed limit from time to time, but it would appear that you have to drive like a granny to stay within their acceptable driving habits they prescribe.

Therefore I don't think many people could be getting much cash back at all. Is my assessment correct? 

I get a consistent R600 to R700 pm back from Vitality Drive. Driving well counts as does the TWT car check, doing the annual service, Eyegym, online questionare, etc. Pretty easy to achieve once setup. You don't get penalised too heavily for the odd "infringement". Well worth it.

I get a consistent R600 to R700 pm back from Vitality Drive. Driving well counts as does the TWT car check, doing the annual service, Eyegym, online questionare, etc. Pretty easy to achieve once setup. You don't get penalised too heavily for the odd "infringement". Well worth it.

I drive like a pissy most days... maybe I should look into this...

When  I switched I made a conscious effort to keep my driving squeaky clean but still racked up some points for bad driving. I lost interest and stopped paying too much attention, and the money I receive (also around 600 - 700 / month) hardly changed despite a few more penalties.

As JoshK pointed out you get far more for having all the relevant tests completed, driving behavior is only part of it.

It does help that I hardly ever drive at night especially at weekends.

Hey Gerald, where did you get this from? Looking for it online and it cannot be found. Also looks to be a bit short on data.. 

Eventually found the link... https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-ways-to-earn-vitality-points

You get to it by going to NEWS

then NEWSLETTERS on the far right

Open the one that shows VITALITY AND DISCOVERY CARD 2016

https://www.discovery.co.za/email_za/newsletters/vitality_newsletter/2015/vitality_year_end.html 

Then scroll down to the picture of a woman tying her shoe lace.

Click and you get the points for 2016.

eidt: the "bit short on data" is that I originally only pasted the points for fitness, not all the points for other categories. SORRY!

Edited by geraldm24

Vitality points changes for 2016

Earning Vitality points through physical activity recognises the significant health benefits linked to regular physical activity and motivates members to stay engaged with Vitality. In 2016, we’re changing the physical activity points structure to help members earn more points for regular, individually-measured activity.

Here’s a round-up of fitness points you can earn in 2016:

post-1372-0-46932000-1449244378_thumb.png

Changes to points-earning activities, including new ways to earn points

Physical activity:

• Base and bonus point totals were combined, so the total annual fitness points limit is now 30 000 points (up from 15 000 Vitality points) for each adult, and 20 000 points for each child on Vitality.
  • There is now a separate assessment points category which includes the Vitality Fitness Assessment and Vitality Exercise Consultations. This means points earned for these assessments no longer count towards the fitness points category – giving you the opportunity to earn more points for physical activity.
  • Certain fitness points with no clinical link to physical activity have been removed. These include logging a manual workout, completing an online challenge and motivating someone to accept and complete a challenge.
  • We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve your experience. We replaced some of our online tools, like challenges, with new and exciting ones, like Vitality Active Rewards. With Vitality Active Rewards you can earn weekly rewards, such as free drinks at KAUAI or selected vida e caffè, by simply achieving your personalised fitness goals. Please note that -from 1 January 2016, the asthma tracker, challenges and motivating others to complete a challenge, and logging a manual workout will no longer be available.

Screening and prevention:

• A colonoscopy will earn you 2 500 Vitality points a year.
  • Males between the ages of nine and 25 can now also earn 1 000 Vitality points once a year for getting an HPV vaccination done.
  • We’re no longer awarding points for a Prostate Screening Assessment (PSA) because of its insignificant impact on actual prostate cancer mortality.

Kids and families:

• Kids will earn the same amount of points for physical activity as adults from the age of six onwards (age 12 for gym).
  • The new family history tool helps you track your medical history. You’ll earn 2 500 Vitality points once-off for setting it up, and then 500 Vitality points once a year for updating it annually.
  • For completing a Kids Vitality Health Check, your family will earn 2 500 Vitality points per child.
  • An optometrist visit can now earn children between the ages of three and five 2 000 Vitality points each.
  • Children between the ages of six and 18 can earn up to 5 000 Vitality points for completing EyeGym courses.
  • Members attending antenatal classes will now earn 2 000 Vitality points instead of 2 500.
  • Vitality Baby members will now earn double points for buying HealthyFood and selected exercise activities during pregnancy and until their baby is six months old.
Edited by geraldm24

What? There goes our daily updates!

It's an unfair labour practice - The Hub increases productivity and intellectual capital.

Come now IT guys - reinstate Gerald's access.

Not IT - they tipped me off. It's the MD (owner).

Note a park run gives you 500 plus 150 for the actual Excercise on a device plus 50 bonus for your hr. So you get 700 just for a run of around 35 min to me...

Note a park run gives you 500 plus 150 for the actual Excercise on a device plus 50 bonus for your hr. So you get 700 just for a run of around 35 min to me...

that shouldn't be happening... Should only get the 500 as it's the higher of the 2, and it's on the same day... 

Strange

Vitality points changes for 2016

So, I am trying to figure out - is it going to be harder

(it seems harder for the guy only gyming, and quite a points fest for cyclists - like common, you cannot compare  10-20km running (which takes months to accomplish) to  29-49km on a bike (which I did the first day I bought a bike)..