Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

article is a year old, JC... 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljmju4if9k1qj17kmo1_400.gif

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree Myles. It's a mutual situation. You are on every person's team who is on your team. If they delete you they drop off your team.

I agree with Myles

Unless its changed since I started my Team, and going forward you have to double join..

But, I am on 3 others peoples Teams that none of them are on my Team...

Maybe in the past but no now. I have not accepted one invite due to technical limitations but I have sent out 4. I have 4 team members and I am a member of 4 teams. If what you say is correct then I would not be a member of anybody's team.

It's a simple logic test guys. You can only have 4 team members. If it's a one way join what would stop you being a member of 10 or 20 teams?

Test for your self. Delete your team members and see what happens, both sides.

Can someone explain to me how is it possible for me to receive 300 points for a workout last week where my avg heart rate was 145 and riding time 59min. And I only received 100 points for yesterday where my avg heart rate was 147 and riding time 1:10min

Can someone explain to me how is it possible for me to receive 300 points for a workout last week where my avg heart rate was 145 and riding time 59min. And I only received 100 points for yesterday where my avg heart rate was 147 and riding time 1:10min

Are you sure your HR was recorded and the timer was going for the entire workout? 

And - how old are you?

Something seems off there... 

Are you sure your HR was recorded and the timer was going for the entire workout? 

And - how old are you?

Something seems off there... 

Surely never possible where Discovery is involved  :eek:

I think The way discovery allocates points is the same way as on "whose line is it anyway" ;)

Yes it was recorded i'm 37

okay, then the 300 points is correct. Where did you do the ride, for 100 points? At the gym on the spin bike or somewhere else? You sure it recorded as a ride, and not steps?

On my mtb and it did record as a ride

You wrote riding time earlier. What was the elapsed time of both rides?

We went out on our MTB's,elapsed time 1:08:27, moving time 1:06:27, her avg HR was 75% of max as per garmin connect,recorded as a ride. I spoke to one of the overly qualified consultants, and was told that they keep the first recorded data (speed data or hr data). I noticed that on my rewards activity page, althought it was recorded as 1xsession, i received 200xpoints for 30-89min vigorous workout, and 100xpoints for speed data. Dunno why the data is now being split up,but it is very frustrating.

My previous elapsed time was 59:24 and moving time 59:24 yesterday elapsed time was 1:08:27 moving time 1:06:13

maybe it didn't record the HR data. What device are you using? Should record the highest value for the workout. 

Send a screenshot of the workout to Vitalityescalations@discovery.co.za and ask them to allocate the correct points total to the exercise. 

It'll take a couple days to do, but they'll do it. 

On my mtb and it did record as a ride

You got the wrong points for the 145 bpm workout, should have got 100 as 80% of your max is 146.4.

You also got the wrong points for the 147 bpm, should have got 100.

But both are marginal and most likely affected by stops but impossible to say without seeing the actual summaries.

So in total you are right. But each ride is wrong.