Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Received R215 cash back for Team Vitality yesterday - 1/2 payments I was expecting back.

I'm guessing it could be for the 947, as I remember it was R430 for the entry.

I need to go through my statements to find the Amashova cost.

edit: Amashova was R390, for me. I don't do early bird entries.

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Team Vitality member that did the CCMNC in November, please let me know if you received your cash back:

•   65Km @ R210 / 2 = R105 cash back;
  • 103Km @ R300 / 2 = R150 cash back;
  • 125Km @ R320 / 2 = R160 cash back.

I have already logged a query, but as I can't claim I won't know if the cash back has been awarded.

Any Team Vitality member that did the CCMNC in November, please let me know if you received your cash back:

• 65Km @ R210 / 2 = R105 cash back;
  • 103Km @ R300 / 2 = R150 cash back;
  • 125Km @ R320 / 2 = R160 cash back.
I have already logged a query, but as I can't claim I won't know if the cash back has been awarded.

My billing date seems to be moving out each month, no cash backs are reflecting yet. Should be updated tomorrow or Tuesday latest, will let you know.

My billing date seems to be moving out each month, no cash backs are reflecting yet. Should be updated tomorrow or Tuesday latest, will let you know.

You may have to log a query, even though they have admitted it's a problem receiving info from their "partner operations".

not with Discovery, and receive my numbers last week via my running club. Based in CGA if that matters

Must be a border athletics issue then

I also have not received anything from my club (in Boland) from ASA, latest comms late last week. They were expecting ASA number from 19 Feb. 

So it's not just a Discovery thing, many clubs still don't have 2017 ASA numbers.

Received R215 cash back for Team Vitality yesterday - 1/2 payments I was expecting back.

I'm guessing it could be for the 947, as I remember it was R430 for the entry.

I need to go through my statements to find the Amashova cost.

edit: Amashova was R390, for me. I don't do early bird entries.

Received a call today saying that I will get my cash back within 7 days. But call center lady could confirm the amount that will be paid.

Received a call today saying that I will get my cash back within 7 days. But call center lady could confirm the amount that will be paid.

I just received a mail saying:

"We are happy to advise that your inquiry with reference number *********** has been finalised.

Your cash back for the events you have taken part in will be paid out with your next billing cycle.

The billing cycle will close on the 19 February and cash back should reflect within 3 working days."

So I have to wait until then to see if there are any further payments over and above the one I received over the weekend.

They closed the inquiry, but haven't answered my query about the CCMNC cash back. As I can't claim for that event, I have to rely on others to let me know if they received cash back.

So frustrating!

So, I did my Vitality test last week.  They have kindly said that I am BMI is too high, my waste circumference too large, my cholesterol is  too high and that my vitality age is five years more than my actual age.  Thanks Vitality.  This is the first time ever that I have no got all my bonus points.

What they didn't take into consideration is that I am 21 weeks pregnant! It is unhealthy if you don't put on weight and in order to keep baby inside full term, a mothers cholesterol levels need to be higher than normal.  Funny things is they even ask if you are pregnant during the visit and know how many weeks I am as I registered for Vitality Baby. 

Oh well......at least I get double points for any activity I do :-)  So a 30 min run/ride at 80% gets me 600 points.

Regarding the fitness assessments:

I asked the Vitality helpline to point me to the providers that are registered with them to do the High Performance Fitness Assessment. They told me that they don't know, I need to phone the Bio's directly and ask them. What's the point of "registering" on the system if the system can't even give the list of registered people.

Anyway, so mailed a bunch of Biokineticists and got some feedback. Basically Vitality informed all the Bio's on their system that all fitness assessments will henceforth be done on Wattbikes and that they need to complete a training course on the new assessment before they can do it themselves.

So if you are planning to do a fitness assessment, be it the normal one or the High Performance, your best bet is to contact someone doing it at a Virgin Active where you know they have the Wattbikes.

Spoke to someone at the Discovery store in Sea Point and they said they are still trying to decide on the qualifying criteria and therefore haven't rolled out the high performance test yet. Confusing given that the qualifying criteria has been published on the website  :wacko:

I was also told that you have to do the regular fitness test first to see if you have the fitness level to qualify for the high performance test.

All quite contradictory to what I have read!

:huh:

So, I did my Vitality test last week.  They have kindly said that I am BMI is too high, my waste circumference too large, my cholesterol is  too high and that my vitality age is five years more than my actual age.  Thanks Vitality.  This is the first time ever that I have no got all my bonus points.

What they didn't take into consideration is that I am 21 weeks pregnant! It is unhealthy if you don't put on weight and in order to keep baby inside full term, a mothers cholesterol levels need to be higher than normal.  Funny things is they even ask if you are pregnant during the visit and know how many weeks I am as I registered for Vitality Baby. 

Oh well......at least I get double points for any activity I do :-)  So a 30 min run/ride at 80% gets me 600 points.

bahahahahahaha!!! That's hilarious, Ratty. LOL. Yeah, you're not allowed to gain. EVER. Even when you have a 21 week old foetus inside you, leeching off all your food. 

Hey Ratty, 

there is a box that has been added to the form to say you are preggers. 

My wife ticked that and they did not weigh her or do the waist. 

They fixed that from 2016.

Anyone know the deal with Uber 25% discount and disco?

Uber says the promo ended discovery says its still going...