2015 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Slowbee

:clap: :clap:

Well, it is that time again. CHRISTMAS HUB RIDE 2015, Wednesday 16 Dec. Looking forward to this.

Given that last year was not well received, this year we need to make up for it and go big.

So back to the "old" route. From Virgin Active Seapoint to Vida Cafe Camps bay along the beach front. Those who want to push on can do a quick trip to Hout Bay and back and see if you can do it before we finish our coffee's :nuke:

The idea is for hubbers from across the Cape to get together with the family and enjoy a morning out, while doing something good. It is meant to be for everyone, including the little people (kids) and anyone of any fitness, just to get out on a bicycle (of sorts) and enjoy the morning. The idea would be to just have fun with anyone. Even first time riders.

Anything with bicycles wheels can come long. The most outrageous bikea to date were some mad dudes who rode their downhill rigs (all 20 odd kg's of bicycles, Myles Mayhem and co :thumbup: ).

Wednesday the 16th Dec is the date. It is a public holiday - and if you cannot ride a bike, just meet us at the Vida and lets enjoy a morning out.

As for the charity, it is supported by hubber NixM and her business she works for. It is a real worthy cause of kids who have been orphaned either by being abandoned or parents/caregivers passing away due to HIV. They are aged between 4 and 8 so a real mix of ages. They are also wanting to start a play area based on the Montessori type system. In February they are launching a new home, so any overflow will go to that home as well.

The Charity: St Francis Outreach Trust ( www.stfrancistrust.org )
Meeting Place: Sea point Virgin Active
Time: 09H00
Destination: Vida Cafe, Camps Bay.

Would be great to meet as many new hubbers as possible, and also some others ones I only get to see once a year.

We usually do fluffy toys, all sizes, but here is a list of items from last year:

In terms of toys and things, fluffy things would be great, as well as educational stimulating things, plastic pouring things, tea sets, colouring in  books, pencils, crayons, puzzles etc. And of course, tie everything to your bike! Back pack, ......etc

Things to bring along if you can:

• Kitchen toys
  • Plays cards
  • Word learning cards
  • opposite words cards
  • Puzzles (4-9 yrs)
  • Animal plastic toys
  • Alphabet puzzle 
  • Play dough
  • Plasticine
  • Alphabet letters to display on the wall.
  • Plastic beach toys
  • Children's Table mats
  • Magic ink drawing board
  • Balls
  • Bat and ball
  • Pick up stix
  • Small Kaleidoscope
  • Small watering can
  • Craft things/ velt/ drawing and painting materials

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slowbee, you must be a mind reader!!

Discussed this yesterday, was going to contact you today as soon as I finished my Disciplinary Hearings I had this morning.

Discussed this yesterday, was going to contact you today as soon as I finished my Disciplinary Hearings I had this morning.

Dude, has it REALLY been a year since we last saw each other? That's just not right man!

Dude, has it REALLY been a year since we last saw each other? That's just not right man!

Sad state of affairs, is it not?

Hey, did we not bump into each other on the road pre-Argus?

Sad state of affairs, is it not?

Hey, did we not bump into each other on the road pre-Argus?

Wait, yes, we did the Argus Pre Ride, but that's like the beginning of the year!

Also, One Tonner but that was a flyby. Hardly a proper catch or even ride together!

last thing I wanted was another wannabe on my case ........  :whistling:

and please, you cannot call 40km an argus ..... :nuke: :excl: :ph34r:

Ja ja, but at that stage we did not know it was going to be a 40km Argus. Hell, our training ride was more than double that......

I'm in and I'll bring the best part of team DJR. So glad it is on a date I can make it. :)

Archived