Fox Fit4 vs SID/Reba

wapad

Thanks for the info, yes I think being 100KG looking for some big absorption. Now to find one.

At 100kg get a Revelation. Or a Fox 34.

Fox is expensive to maintain, but IMO a better fork.

wouldnt the Fox 34 Fit 4 be more comparable to a RS Pike?

That's what FOX want you to think, and what they say in their marketing. But no. 36 is the Pike competitor. 34 was made cos the 32 at 140/150 is a noodle, and then marketed to be "as stiff as a pike"

Dunno... I have a 140mm rct3 Rev and a Fox 34 160/120mm Talas.... I am still very in between as to which one wins in the contest of 'my precious'.

The Rev feel awesome on the tight stuff and the small bump compliance is epic. The 'stiffness' indicator says it isn't as burly but it does weigh two thirds of the Fox.

The kashima coated Fox takes the big hits like a boss. Plush, super smooth and every bit the 'big balls' choice.

The thing is, knowing this and feeling this, I ride the same speed through all the same stuff. Despite the feel, I am not a good enough rider for that 'feeling' to translate into performance because, well, I am not Greg Minnaar or Cam Zink and despite my dreams, a man in his mid thirties will probably never progress past the point of big ball hero to elegant performance enhanced through gear top end biker.

My 2c, get one that you like, looks cool and doesn't make you have to sell one of your children.

A Rev is a great option. The right Fox is a great option and a Reba is the bang for your buck solid choice...... 

Archived