Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

I am battling to understand the split time calculator that is available for download on the TB website.

http://www.transbaviaans.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Trans-Baviaans-Split-Time-Calculator.xlsx

I don't know how long or fast we will ride, but lets say 12 hours for conversation purposes.

If we start @ 10:00 and ride for 12 hours, we will finish @ 22:00. Right?

According to this calculation, we will finish at 20:30. 1 1/2 hours is missing somewhere.

Or am I missing a few brain cells?

No it looks like something is off with the calculator...I still have the 'old' one which works, distances are slightly different but it works. 

Can I mail it to you?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it looks like something is off with the calculator...I still have the 'old' one which works, distances are slightly different but it works.

Can I mail it to you?

please email me too, will pm you now. Thanks

post-32865-1470073260,206.pngpost-32865-1470073270,9564.png

Last year, 2nd weekend of Baviaans, 17 hard aftjop hours

Someone was looking at riding about 17 hours, this is the time we did it in last year. 16h54min45sec.

Can I mail it to you?

Got it.

Thanks very much

Can I mail it to you?

Please mail it to me as well.

eddie.cockerill@gmail.com

Mentioned it to my riding partner last night, also thought that my little brain was playing games with me.

Tx in advance.

C U MAD OAKES THERE...............

Can I mail it to you?

The stops aren't being taken account of in the split times / arrival times, but otherwise it looks ok.

If you put in a target of 18hrs it gives you just under 16hrs of ride time & 2hrs 10 mins or so of stops. You have to add the stops time to the final arrival time.

Please mail it to me as well.

eddie.cockerill@gmail.com

Mentioned it to my riding partner last night, also thought that my little brain was playing games with me.

Tx in advance.

C U MAD OAKES THERE...............

TB koshuis vibes is the best red wine and more red wine. Smurf are you planning your racing strategy.

Definitely incorrect, its about 2800m

I'm sorry, then it must be Strava, that's why I felt more tired than I was supposed to feel. [emoji15] stupid Strava

TB koshuis vibes is the best red wine and more red wine. Smurf are you planning your racing strategy.

Nope just want to see how hard to pull the reigns in on my partner. Daai boerklong like om te jaag. :devil:  :whistling:

I'm sorry, then it must be Strava, that's why I felt more tired than I was supposed to feel. [emoji15] stupid Strava

post-32865-1470133166,8649.png

Some others from Strava

Strava will always be out, especially if you are close to the edge of the mountain. It scrambles the signal. Ride the Argus and you will see that it is horribly wrong as well. Almost twice the amount of climb.

If anybody still looking for accommodation in Willomore for 11th and 12th August. Contact Bhejane Lodge 044 9231816. They just had a cancelation for 6 people in luxury tented accommodation.

Archived