Midlands Ultra 29Nov

Andymann

So there was a bit of a Marshall mess-up during the sprint event on Sunday.  Lots of grumpy people.

Lo and behold I get an email a few minutes back apologising for the mess up, and offering me a 40% discount if I enter their next event.

Given how some of the other race organisers up here in Gauteng basically tell you to take a hike, this was a real pleasant surprise.

I probably won't take them up on their offer, but still, nice to see an organiser taking responsibility for an error, and offering some sort of solution.

Well done B-Active Sports - now here's hoping some of the other organisers hear about this.

Did not do it, was a long way to go for just the sprint... was considering the Ultra but run fitness not there so skipped it.

B Active have an event at SunCity on 8 May 2016 which is a little closer to home :)

Nice to hear they were being proactive!!

I did the Ultra. Heard about the error for the Sprint event, not sure what it was but put the results in perspective, apparently only the first 2 were affected by the error at the time. seems the bike course was 25kms instead of 20 for those 2 only.

The Ultra was well run, well organized and damned tough...I reckon the Midlands ultra with the "new" (changed in 2014) bike course is the toughest on ZA soil now. The bike was probably tougher than the Ironman 180km course (2016 course) . I enjoyed it...tough , hot and windy in some areas. perfect training.

wont do sun city in 2016 but will 2017.

I did the Ultra. Heard about the error for the Sprint event, not sure what it was but put the results in perspective, apparently only the first 2 were affected by the error at the time. seems the bike course was 25kms instead of 20 for those 2 only.

The Ultra was well run, well organized and damned tough...I reckon the Midlands ultra with the "new" (changed in 2014) bike course is the toughest on ZA soil now. The bike was probably tougher than the Ironman 180km course (2016 course) . I enjoyed it...tough , hot and windy in some areas. perfect training.

wont do sun city in 2016 but will 2017.

Also did the Ultra.

Very tough bike, and the heat didnt help.

Well organised event except for the sprint issue. As usual for this event the goodie bag was also one of the best with a nice towel.

Shaded area for finish was also nicely setup for spectators. Will definitely be considering Sun City.

Edited to add: apparently they've committed to same pricing for ultra next year and reduced sprint pricing....great stuff and awesome encouragement to get more people into races

Archived