UCT XCO Course

Two-Stroke

Is that based off part of the epic prologue route? The course in stellies is awesome and if it has ambitions to be that good then R200 is f-all for a year when you consider the issues of table mountain at the moment and the cost to ride there. Muggings a have been an issue, most is average jeep track and the couple of single track sections you're allowed to ride are blown out badly by shear numbers. There are other nice bits of trail but you're not allowed to ride and rogue endangers the good work done by many in the community. The other woman is one as are a couple around the 'mem.

Honestly I think I spent more on bread, milk and cheese and a couple of snags at woollies today.

Edited by hellocolour

Is that based off part of the epic prologue route? The course in stellies is awesome and if it has ambitions to be that good then R200 is f-all for a year when you consider the issues of table mountain at the moment and the cost to ride there. Muggings a have been an issue, most is average jeep track and the couple of single track sections you're allowed to ride are blown out badly by shear numbers. There are other nice bits of trail but you're not allowed to ride and rogue endangers the good work done by many in the community. The other woman is one as are a couple around the 'mem.

Honestly I think I spent more on bread, milk and cheese and a couple of snags at woollies today.

The epic will be using the track for their prologue again next year, although it cannot be compared to the bit they used last year! We've added a lot to the track since then, it is pretty much unrecognisable to what was ridden in March :)

It'll take time to get it to the level of Stellies, but that is the long term goal we have!

• 4 weeks later...

I came across this course the other day after coming off the mountain at the boom just down the road from Rhodes Mem heading towards the exit. I took a ride back towards Rhodes Mem and sure enough the hole in the fence is still there, so i went on from that side, not realising that it was not supposed to be a free ride. I rode it backwards I guess but either way I think its really cool.

Happy to pay the R 200, but to say that there is only one entrance via UCT is not currently correct.

Cheers

We are aware of the new hole in the fence that has been made and it will be sealed within the week

Please note that cutting a hole in the fence is vandalism and any guilty parties will be prosecuted by UCT.

It seems there will always be people who are not prepared to either ride up through campus or students who aren't prepared to walk a bit further down to the purpose built gate/bridge. It is frustrating that this happens, but for future reference, there is only one LEGAL entrance to the track.

I came across this course the other day after coming off the mountain at the boom just down the road from Rhodes Mem heading towards the exit. I took a ride back towards Rhodes Mem and sure enough the hole in the fence is still there, so i went on from that side, not realising that it was not supposed to be a free ride. I rode it backwards I guess but either way I think its really cool.

Happy to pay the R 200, but to say that there is only one entrance via UCT is not currently correct.

Cheers

#freeridesforall :ph34r: especially of you get #feesmustfall  ;)  (Not really, I'm just kidding, I believe in the "user must pay" principle :thumbup: )

Hi.

To my disappointment the hole in fence was padlockked. Looks like the notice was ripped away.So I am glad to read the deveopments regarding the new status on the forum. I am TMB member so I don't need to pay the annual subsrcription. Could someone please answer my questions.

1. Is there a online indemnity form?
  2. Is my TMB card sufficient for the trail police.
  3. Coming from the top where is the best place to get into UCT.

Hi.

To my disappointment the hole in fence was padlockked. Looks like the notice was ripped away.So I am glad to read the deveopments regarding the new status on the forum. I am TMB member so I don't need to pay the annual subsrcription. Could someone please answer my questions.

• Is there a online indemnity form?
  • Is my TMB card sufficient for the trail police.
  • Coming from the top where is the best place to get into UCT.

As per GC29

15 Dec 2015

All you have to do is get the indemnity from Robert, fill it out and give it to him and collect a UCT Cycling Club sticker to put on your TMB permit

As per GC29

15 Dec 2015

All you have to do is get the indemnity from Robert, fill it out and give it to him and collect a UCT Cycling Club sticker to put on your TMB permit

Thanks Myles

How do I enter from the top. By the steep ascent at the memorial (LHS) or from M3 via the gate? (RHS)

Entrance from UCT only, no other legal entry points from Rhodes mem.

I thought that with students parking at Rhodes Mem, there must be a entrance from there?

• 3 years later...