Bike for CTCT (29er MTB vs Road bike)

Brawler

That sounds very much like me.

I estimate the road bike to be between 10 and 20 % more efficient than the mountain bike, depending on the course, the wind and the speed you are going at.

Horses for courses!  Of course, I won't take my road bike to the mountain trails.   

One of the things I like most about the roadie is the instant speed when you put the hammer down, they just accelerate so effortlessly.

I still find blasting trails to be more fun, but Im never sad when I actually ride the roadie.

post-5386-1451467313,1193.jpg

Or get a CX bike with a compact groupo. I love riding my Giant Anyroad in road events or when you feel like some dirt-roadie miles.

I have found a nice 2015 Silverback sola 1. Great spec and great price.

Problem is it is a XL and I usually ride a L.

According to their website I am on the upper limit of a Land the lower limit of a XL (1.88m).

If the bike is a bit big what issues can I expect?

According to their website I am on the upper limit of a Land the lower limit of a XL (1.88m).

The bigger the bike the more difficult it becomes to read and answer the questions on the Medical Questionnaire. Besides that, the best bike is like the best TV set. It is simply the one can afford. Good luck with finding your next bike. Happy training and have a nice race.

XL is too big for you. 

I think it is R18,999

But we have a special on at the moment where you get 15% back of the spend on any bike over R15000 to use towards other goodies and accessories, so know might be a opportune time to spend and save

Archived