Which helmet?

Chip

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a new helmet, I am looking at the 661 Recon Scout and the Fox Flux, which would you suggest or any other helmet up to R1300.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a new helmet, I am looking at the 661 Recon Scout and the Fox Flux, which would you suggest or any other helmet up to R1300.

Thanks,

Dale

Which disciplines do you engage in? Trail/Cross Country/Enduro/Downhill

I recently bought a Recon Scout from Diald Bikes on special. It's very light for an AM helmut and gives great coverage at the back of the head. Two of my mates have since bought them too. A great deal, feels a lot lighter than the Flux to me.

I prefer the fox Striker over the flux...More vents and slightly lighter than the Flux...it's protected my head on some nasty falls.

I recently bought the 661 Stryker and its awsome. So light you dont know it on you head, has good coverage and a boa systems which is great for on the fly adjustments.

Only downside is that its rather pricey but i think its well worth it.

Edited by AlanD

Update.

Got myself a Kali Chakra Plus helmet for a bargain....R500 from the Cyclist's Workshop in Northriding...Super Happy!!!  :)

I have been riding a Bell Sweep for many years on cross country rides. Very light and airy.

I recently purchased a Fox Flux for trail riding and find it both supremely comfortable and well vented. I love that the vents are big enough to stick my fingers into to scratch the itchy bits from time to time  :huh:

Not the lightest, but great value. 4 stars on Bike Radar.

Update.

Got myself a Kali Chakra Plus helmet for a bargain....R500 from the Cyclist's Workshop in Northriding...Super Happy!!!  :)

Thats in the Etto price range. I am on my second etto after cracking the first one in a shoulder crunching crash - no concussion. Great helmet  - comfy light and a good retention system.