[Event] The Value Logistics Fast One

StevieL

New to road cycling and this will be my first race on road. Very excited but nervous as well.

Good luck. Give it horns.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

entered

first race in the VA cat

Bring it on

I heard a rumor when you do your 1st ride in VA you must pull the peloton the entire way and wait for the peloton to cross the finish line before you cross it.

Just saying. :whistling:

I heard a rumor when you do your 1st ride in VA you must pull the peloton the entire way and wait for the peloton to cross the finish line before you cross it.

In my first Vet's race, I pulled a Fast One and finish 8th, having sat at the back for almost the entire race, at a race called the Hyper 2 Hyper. But that was VB (35-39) so technically not VA, and I had other team mates working ON THE FRONT

Folks it's my first Fast One what are the logistics like with getting to the venue and parking etc, get there 10-15min prior to start or a 94.7 type issue?

Folks it's my first Fast One what are the logistics like with getting to the venue and parking etc, get there 10-15min prior to start or a 94.7 type issue?

Not congested at all. Get there an hour early like Rastaman says. Parking is in the centre of the racetrack (if you are early). Security (car-gaurds) are in the form of schoolkids who slept in the garages at the racetrack the night before. They do a good job looking after your vehicle and last year the the grade 10's were collecting money to buy tablets/laptops. Give generously if you can. Ablutions are ample and you use the racetrack to warm up. There is no parking fee, but the Rotary Club do give you two pairs of kids shoes at the exit when you leave and ask for a donation (in exchange) for the various causes they support.   

So I managed to enter this morning even though entries closed last night.

I havent sat on my road bike since 94.7. Sore a$$ coming. Do plenty mtb

I'm doing the short one, with the wife. Should add a few pink slips to the booklet...

Ditto. I was signed up for the longer distance, but the missus decided she wanted to give this riding school race thing a go, so now we're doing the 50km. Should be good fun and a nice and relaxing ride.

So I managed to enter this morning even though entries closed last night.

I havent sat on my road bike since 94.7. Sore a$$ coming. Do plenty mtb

they extended the deadline to the 24th, which gives me a few more days to arrange a possible business trip for end Jan so I can do this.

He has been riding Elites so he probably is quite capable of pulling us all along........

I cant remember if it was the race or the midvaal 100(both same venue) but last year they where giving everyone shoes as we left and the congestion was INSANE but otherwise parking and everything was good.

Archived