Video: Where We Ride - The Spruit

Peach.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice vid. I'm jealous.

Of what? You never been to Tygerberg MTB trails before? And no, there is waaay more than just Meerendal and Bloemendal to keep you excited. Try the Cobra and the new and super cool Gorge at Hoogekraal, or the Bloemendaaler including the new end bit in the Bluegum Forest,  or even Contermanskloof for some nice technical sections including the odd jumps etc. And here you need not fear for your life either, unless you're afraid of the odd snake or rooikat.

Still, nice vid. And some good skills.

Of what? You never been to Tygerberg MTB trails before? And no, there is waaay more than just Meerendal and Bloemendal to keep you excited. Try the Cobra and the new and super cool Gorge at Hoogekraal, or the Bloemendaaler including the new end bit in the Bluegum Forest,  or even Contermanskloof for some nice technical sections including the odd jumps etc. And here you need not fear for your life either, unless you're afraid of the odd snake or rooikat.

Maybe it's the sweet skills he's jealous of?! :lol:

The Spruit may not be Jonkershoek, Karkloof or Tokai... BUT remember that it offers over 20km of greenbelt singletrack right through the centre of urban areas (that's one way from Paulshoff to Emmarentia without the extra offshoots).

So for the convenience of it, it's brilliant. Many people use it to commute to work. Even more hop on at their nearest entrance for a quick pre/post work ride.

So yeah, some people may be jealous that weekday rides 3x a week are very possible for hundreds of JHBers because of the convenience of the spruit.

Guest notmyname

Of what? You never been to Tygerberg MTB trails before? And no, there is waaay more than just Meerendal and Bloemendal to keep you excited. Try the Cobra and the new and super cool Gorge at Hoogekraal, or the Bloemendaaler including the new end bit in the Bluegum Forest, or even Contermanskloof for some nice technical sections including the odd jumps etc. And here you need not fear for your life either, unless you're afraid of the odd snake or rooikat.

There always has to be one....