Night riding in JHB

Robrider

Hi,

What night rides are available at the moment in Joburg? Especially during the week.

I did a search and only found bits and pieces, some of the details are quite old. Does anyone have details for these and any others:

Delta park night race?

Modderfontein?

Thaba?

Others?

Thanks!

The Trailhead offer a tour up the spruit once a month if I'm not mistaken. Check out their FB page for details.

Delta Park night racing is no longer happening but there is a night race every Wednesday at Saint Stithians starting at the Higher Ground restaurant at 6:45.

Ping Wendell, I believe the Thaba Nightrides are still happening, else the DOC group rides from Bell's inn every Wednesday evening from around 18:00 till 20:00-20:30 ish.

Modderfontein is open to 10pm on Wednesday nights. There are sometimes races on the first Wednesday of every month - I think the series (Over the Moon MTB) starts again in Feb 2016.

The Trailhead offer a tour up the spruit once a month if I'm not mistaken. Check out their FB page for details.

Yip. First Wednesday of every month we have a night ride and braai at the Trailhead. We usually get 60 - 75 riders. Split up into 5 groups according to ability.

Follow our FB page if you wish to be kept updated:

http://www.facebook.com/TheTrailheadSA

• 6 months later...

Any one else doing the Over the Moon ride tonight? My first night event so quite looking forward to it but with a bit of nervousness!

Any one else doing the Over the Moon ride tonight? My first night event so quite looking forward to it but with a bit of nervousness!

1st time at OtM but ridden a lot at Modds (and elsewhere) in the night.  It's great, takes you out of your routine and makes you look at riding in a different way.  Quite an element of 'being a kid' to it - out on a school-night.

Its a big JOL just enjoy yourself, make sure your light is good for 2 hours.

Its a big JOL just enjoy yourself, make sure your light is good for 2 hours.

Rode it last night, its awesome, i would recommend it to anyone. 

Rode it last night, its awesome, i would recommend it to anyone. 

+1 Was a fantastic night out. Highly recommended!

Archived