60K for a new steed

JScottP

Hi all,

After 2 years on a cannonade Scalpel 3 it is time to get on a new beast. Im looking for a bike that it is more trail orientated, but still capable of S2C and Berg and Bush etc. After seeing the Pyga one-forty 650 Pascoe at my LBS, it seemed that is the one, but I would like to make sure I'm jumping the gun before looking around. 

What else could you guys recommend around that price point?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joh that is a big change in geometry, huge in fact, but oh so worth it. You will miss that negative stem like a hole in the head. Go for it and enjoy every smile.

Several options available. Some maybe less extreme than going from a Scalpel to a 140mm trail monster. 

No doubt it's a VERY capable bike - review out on it today over HERE. Other options would be their 110 reviewed HERE or the 120 reviewed HERE.

Maybe also consider the new Cannondale Habit - it's been getting great reviews from all over the globe.

If you're set on 27.5 look at the Giant Trance, Specialized Stumpjumper and Scott Genius or Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt - to name a few.

It really would be best to ride one or three and take it from there 

Several options available. Some maybe less extreme than going from a Scalpel to a 140mm trail monster.

No doubt it's a VERY capable bike - review out on it today over HERE. Other options would be their 110 reviewed HERE or the 120 reviewed HERE.

Maybe also consider the new Cannondale Habit - it's been getting great reviews from all over the globe.

If you're set on 27.5 look at the Giant Trance, Specialized Stumpjumper and Scott Genius or Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt - to name a few.

It really would be best to ride one or three and take it from there

What major difference is there between the 120 and 140, at first the 120 looked perfect until I saw that 140 and read that review

Not at all, what are you thinking?

Then definitely have a good squizz at the 110 too...great all rounder!

hi it is always lekker to have a bit of a budget...i would also look at second hand bikes on the hub, i know it is nice to have something new but you cam get some pearlers at that price....saw some excellent bikes like the Santa Cruz Tallboy( i had a large cannondale and went for an Xl Santa) https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/172436-santa-cruz-tallboy-2-carbon-2015/,

Yeti https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/173200-price-drop-yeti-sb5c-2014-xo1-spec-for-sale/

Just 2 that pops out.....also at that price, you could also look at getting a good quality 2nd hand frame and building your own..

Good luck...and enjoy the experience,

NB. Lapierre has also opened shop at Giba with G2G....so maybe make a day trip amd go test one of their bikes....

Wow. Such choice. Many awesome.

Cannondale habit

RM THUNDERBOLT

RM instinct

Anthem SX

trance

Trek Fuel

120/650

Pascoe

110/29er

Evil (ooooooooh)

Spaz camber

Spaz stumpjumper

GT helion

And more

To be honest, any of the above would be awesome. My choice would be the Habit, thunderbolt, trance or trek. Or maybe a pyga. I dunno. As soon as you go over 50k the choice becomes much more difficult.

Archived