60K for a new steed

JScottP

Evanscycles.com selling off 2015 stock at really good prices if you can manage the importing hassle.

Mondraker Foxy R for R54K. That's with Pike, 11 speed, etc, etc........

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evanscycles.com selling off 2015 stock at really good prices if you can manage the importing hassle.

Mondraker Foxy R for R54K. That's with Pike, 11 speed, etc, etc........

Very good option!

Hi all,

After 2 years on a cannonade Scalpel 3 it is time to get on a new beast. Im looking for a bike that it is more trail orientated, but still capable of S2C and Berg and Bush etc. After seeing the Pyga one-forty 650 Pascoe at my LBS, it seemed that is the one, but I would like to make sure I'm jumping the gun before looking around. 

What else could you guys recommend around that price point?

Dude get the OneTwenty 650B...It goes downhill almost as well as the Pascoe but goes uphill better ;)

Also, for that kinda dosh you could pair it with an insane fork, like the MRP Stage instead of the super generic Pike. Speak to Bibi here ;)

Wow. Such choice. Many awesome.

Cannondale habit

RM THUNDERBOLT

RM instinct

Anthem SX

trance

Trek Fuel

120/650

Pascoe

110/29er

Evil (ooooooooh)

Spaz camber

Spaz stumpjumper

GT helion

And more

To be honest, any of the above would be awesome. My choice would be the Habit, thunderbolt, trance or trek. Or maybe a pyga. I dunno. As soon as you go over 50k the choice becomes much more difficult.

Transition bikes have a few options to add to that list as well

www.transitionbikes.com or visit www.a-line.co.za for local distribution

Transition bikes have a few options to add to that list as well

www.transitionbikes.com or visit www.a-line.co.za for local distribution

Yeah, the Scout. That would be a RIPPER

Jeepers guys, thanks for all the options, suddenly the choice has become a lot more difficult, but damn excited to got test a few this week and do a bit of research. Will post a pic of the chosen 1 :clap:

I am biased, but the 2016 Spez Camber Comp Carbon is the one to beat.

120mm sus, 1x11 SRAM GX, dropper post, swat box, tubeless ready - all for ZAR55k.

It hits the sweet spot between race and trail.

I would recommend a test ride, just to see what you need to beat with your purchase [or so you can come say your bike is better online.... :whistling: ].

Ha ha....love this thread.....I am busy sitting here spending your 60k on a bike for me....... :whistling:

Must say I like the Trek9.8 or the 2015 S-Works suggestion from Bells cycling...have fun shopping and come post the pics!

Im trying to move away from the Epic, Scalpel etc. The 2016 Evil looks amazing but with the exchange rate it will come in closer to 90k!!! WHY!!!

Im trying to move away from the Epic, Scalpel etc. The 2016 Evil looks amazing but with the exchange rate it will come in closer to 90k!!! WHY!!!

I know. There's only one reason, though. Exchange rate. Same time last year, it'd have been in the 60-70k region JUST due to exchange rate differences. 

I know. There's only one reason, though. Exchange rate. Same time last year, it'd have been in the 60-70k region JUST due to exchange rate differences. 

Exactly, even at R12/$ it could work but its now been blown out the water

I am biased, but the 2016 Spez Camber Comp Carbon is the one to beat.

120mm sus, 1x11 SRAM GX, dropper post, swat box, tubeless ready - all for ZAR55k.

It hits the sweet spot between race and trail.

I would recommend a test ride, just to see what you need to beat with your purchase [or so you can come say your bike is better online.... :whistling: ].

See I disagree there slightly.  While the Spez Camber is an awesome bike, IMO opinion the Specialized Stumpy 650 fattie kicks its backside :-)   I rode  the Camber, Stumpy 29er and Stumpy 650 at a test day and Stumpy 650 was my first choice, Camber 2nd and strangely I really didn't like the Stumpy 29er which was the bike everyone recommend I get.

Archived