Which Bike/Wrist HRM GPS to get?

jaco369

Hello Mense,  been a while.   I need the guidance of the good folk of TheHub  (i dont know this bikehub place)

looking for a watch HRM with gps.  one i can wear and just bam does my HR.  also GPS to track activity routes etc,  also can strap to bike if i want.

I dont want to go spend an arm or a leg right now so would even look at previously used.  any ideas? 

I use a Polar bluetooth HR strap, that connects to various apps on my phone.

Works perfectly for me..

Hello Mense,  been a while.   I need the guidance of the good folk of TheHub  (i dont know this bikehub place)

looking for a watch HRM with gps.  one i can wear and just bam does my HR.  also GPS to track activity routes etc,  also can strap to bike if i want.

I dont want to go spend an arm or a leg right now so would even look at previously used.  any ideas? 

Which sports do you intend to use it for and what functions other than HR and GPS data. For example cadence.... some multisport watches don't do cadence :whistling:

Which sports do you intend to use it for and what functions other than HR and GPS data. For example cadence.... some multisport watches don't do cadence :whistling:

mostly cycling.   cadence is a luxury for roadies :P 

I use a Polar bluetooth HR strap, that connects to various apps on my phone.

Works perfectly for me..

This. I've heard that the wrist sensors don't pick up that well during riding (mainly designed for daily monitoring). But check what DC Rainmaker has to say.

Can pick up a strap for like 700 bucks and just pair to your phone.

I am using the Polar V800. Awesome piece of tech with all the bells and whistles. Very nice. It links to the HR7 chest strap hart monitor via smart bluetooth and will also link to cadence and speed monitors as well via smart bluetooth. It also links to strava via the Polar Flow website and has very good battery life.

Check the DC rainmaker review for a comprehensive report on this watch.

I paid R4999.00 at Due South on the 23rd of December. A bit of a "to dad from dad" Christmas gift.

I dont want to go spend an arm or a leg right now 

just as well or you would have nowhere to put it. 

I am using the Polar V800. Awesome piece of tech with all the bells and whistles. Very nice. It links to the HR7 chest strap hart monitor via smart bluetooth and will also link to cadence and speed monitors as well via smart bluetooth. It also links to strava via the Polar Flow website and has very good battery life.

Check the DC rainmaker review for a comprehensive report on this watch.

I paid R4999.00 at Due South on the 23rd of December. A bit of a "to dad from dad" Christmas gift.

does it support ANT+ power meters?

I just got the Garmin FR15 for just over R2000. Has GPS and HR so does everything you want. Can be used with a foot pod, but no cycling computers. It's basic, but you're going to struggle to do better at that price point.

Archived