Whats the WORST bike you've ever actually owned and ridden??

Kapenschtaten

A Raleigh M-Trax (or something like that) dual sus from Dion's. Gripshift broke, back shock was like a trampoline and forks meant f@#$ all on a bump

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a nice BMX I bought myself from my savings when I was 8 - mongoose - which I loved then got a crappy 80's "Kyalami" racing bike that I inherited from my brother when I started riding to school - he got a Peugeot Rapport. The gears where a pain and brakes where crap. Bought my own mountainbike shortly after from my savings again.

Great feeling when you buy your own wheels - also means you look after it better - think more parents need to employ this tactic.

rode a mate Raleigh y frame once as a kid.   horrible.

had a Nishiki Ultron 21speed as a kid.  That thing was as hard as nails.

A Merida MTB (can't remember which model) that I bought from Cycle Lab about 8 years ago.  Paid R10500 which was a lot then for a hardtail..  First race I did I ended up having to walk 8km's back home due to issues.

It was more the experience of their after sales service than the actual bike that was the issue, but it made me hate the bike.  After taking it in 3 times I still didn't have a working bike. 

Riding my mates Niner Jet 9 RDO Carbon with full XO - I HAD to give it back  :whistling:

You loved it too much probably...

You loved it too much probably...

kon ky daai groen monster van jou onthou....jassas hy kon moan en kraak en squeek. Loshande jou kakste bike

kon ky daai groen monster van jou onthou....jassas hy kon moan en kraak en squeek. Loshande jou kakste bike

die GeeTee Sensor 9er Pro...jinne, alles was fout met daai bike. 

I had a Raleigh bought from Game a couple of years ago. Whenever i use to cycle on that thing the pedal used to detach from the crank arm. I would be cycling up a hill and all of a sudden fall over because the pedal came out. Used to ride around with a shifting spanner so i can attach the pedal again. 

Worst bike I have ever owned was an Orbea road bike, alu frame. Gave up my 'Dale for it, rode it for about 6 months and was hit by a car from behind. Not a nice experience at all, but it totalled the bike, thankfully. Back on Cannondale and wont change in a hurry.

Worst bike I've ever ridden, Raleigh Bomber. Mate of mine was sick at school so I rode the bike home for him. piece of cr@p...

a merida big 9 XT edition.

Just a really uninspiring turd of a bike..

Kept the XT bits off it, and built up a morewood.

My old man built me a bmx in the 80s that he made up from various parts. Took it the track and first jump landing the thing broke in two.... Quite surprised it actually got some air cos the thing weighed about a ton!

Dad got me a super cheap knock off Chopper replica from his auctioneer mate for my birthday when i was a lighty.

Thing was so bent that its wheels were out of alignment.

I ramped it like you do when you are 11 and ended up almost castrating myself on the central T bar shifter thingy as I landed and slid off the banana seat and up the cross bar in to the stem. Had blue bruises all over which I wouldn't tell my mom about and walked like a man who had been on a horse for a couple of days

I hated that bike with a passion after that.

Who remembers turning your bike in to choppers with ape hanger handlebars and banana seat?

Ok, so hands-up anyone who actually rides and loves one of these bikes mentioned here!

Spaz stumpy fsr 2012 and I love it.

Archived