Sags got knocked sideways there

Glad he's not hurt for the next outing

That was close for Sagan and Spartacus[emoji15][emoji15]

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the favourites wanting to chase, cook themselves (like EBH) and take others to the line. So they all end up with zero.

Wonder if it's cause they don't want to chase or the legs just couldn't respond. After 300kms it must be eina.

Agreed. I'm still confused. Struggling to understand the tactics of some riders/teams.

Agreed. I'm still confused. Struggling to understand the tactics of some riders/teams.

The Skyborgs had a lovely shot gun approach

First Stannard to allow Rowe, Kwia and Swift to chillax

Then the Poggio punch by Kwia which was quite threatening.

Then the swift sprint surge by Swiftie

Geez, that finish was intense.

Always is.

Very very very relieved that Sagaan is not in a sling.

First course has been served. Feeling like the hors d'ovres were a little flat to be honest. Lacked something.

Hoping the main course (the cobbles) makes up for it. No worries, they never disappoint. 3 Michelin stars all the way.

The Skyborgs had a lovely shot gun approach

First Stannard to allow Rowe, Kwia and Swift to chillax

Then the Poggio punch by Kwia which was quite threatening.

Then the swift sprint surge by Swiftie

Geez, that finish was intense.

Always is.

Very very very relieved that Sagaan is not in a sling.

Ya, I agree too. Sky seemed to me to be one of the only teams with a proper plan to make the race. Nearly succeeded too. Swifty's second MSR podium in 3 years. He seems to have a feel for this race - hope he wins it one day.

Quick Step's plan was obviously all about delivering Gaviria to the finish. But they had bad luck with important team members crashing out at important moments. And then the final crash....

As you say, I'm happy everyone seemed to make it through uninjured (except maybe 'G').

"This is incredible. There are days like this one in which everything works despite the occasional hiccup, like crashing at the bottom of the Cipressa. I made it across at the bottom of the Poggio and the entire way I felt fantastic. I became the under-23 world champion in similar conditions after crashing. I'm delighted to win Milano-Sanremo. This is a big one and has been running for over a century. It's extraordinary. I'M extremely happy..."

Winner, MSR 2016

Geez that's some impressive skills. And it was slowed down in that gif and still happened so quickly.

The most amazing part is that he (Sagan) saw it coming and already started moving before Gaviria had even hit the deck.

Archived