Just getting into my bibs would make me cry like a nona reading a tim noakes book!

Lol like a nona reading a Tim noakes book.. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch... 

"Giant-Alpecin pull out of Omloop Het Nieuwsblad. Team lacking enough riders after driver decimated team at camp"

Good news is they'll be in full force for K-B-K the next day.  :thumbup:

Another contentious E3 poster

Hehehe

(remember the last one was banned because of its sexist tones)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/d207ffcb560a1aa82af4f305233cd72a/tumblr_o2ls592pO31rcsglqo1_1280.jpg

So it's almost here... 

27th - Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (without Giant)
28th - Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne (With Giant)

Then the following week: 

5th March - Strade Bianche

Too much excite as the season really kicks off. Yeah, yeah, therefore all the middle eastern races the warm trips back to gods country (TdU to everyone else) but let's face it no one really covers them because they look like a mild mannered accountant next to the madness that is about to happen in northern Europe. 

​So quick recap: 

Omloop - Has to have been one of the best races of the year with Ian Stannard from Sky winning two year in a row but this time tried to get the bonus of causing legendary Etixx head honcho, Patrick Lefevere, to have a heart attack by embarrassing 3 of his team (Tom Boonan, Nikki Terpstra and Stijn Vandenbergh) and beating them 3 on 1. 

What was more classic was Lefevere's annoyance that the Sky man didn't work hard enough in the group of 4. 

Still amusing is the 'How the Race Was Won' from last year: 

Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne: Between Cav' (now with SA's own DiData) winning in 2012 and 2015  the snow caused cancellation (2013) and Tom Boonan took out 2014. Cav' isn't defending this year (off playing on the track for the Track world champs) so it's wide open and I'm surprised  Etixx aren't taking the inform Kittel along as it's a sprinters race and just to p*ss off Cav'. Giant are riding this one after their hideous crash incident but not Omloop the day before. Will be interesting to see who they take along. 

Favs? Boonan has won 3 times. But here goes:
Red Hot: Peter Sagan, André Greipel, Alexander Kristof, Caleb Ewan
Got a chance: Elia Viviani, Greg Van Avermaet, Tom Boonen, Nacer Bouhanni
You never know: Jasper Stuyven, Danny van Poppel, Arnaud Démare

Another contentious E3 poster

Hehehe

(remember the last one was banned because of its sexist tones)

It gets them loads of publicity :whistling:

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/02/B-h8tRvIEAA1Y5q1-630x316.png

http://s3.nieuwsbladcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2015/03/27/3b054228-d4a4-11e4-ae89-1e9f8e215bb5_web_scale_0.0394737_0.0394737__.jpg?maxheight=600&maxwidth=938&format=jpg

So it's almost here... 

27th - Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (without Giant)

Omloop - Has to have been one of the best races of the year with Ian Stannard from Sky winning two year in a row but this time tried to get the bonus of causing legendary Etixx head honcho, Patrick Lefevere, to have a heart attack by embarrassing 3 of his team (Tom Boonan, Nikki Terpstra and Stijn Vandenbergh) and beating them 3 on 1. 

What was more classic was Lefevere's annoyance that the Sky man didn't work hard enough in the group of 4. 

Yip, it all starts this weekend  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: .

This time last year was arguably Quickstep's worst tactical performance since Lefevere started the team 15 years ago.

Who will ever forget the sight of that one lone Pom, absolutely surrounded, but somehow beating the biggest team in the sport... all by himself.

post-22004-0-37544300-1456145927_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-45113400-1456145954_thumb.jpg

Aaaah, sweet refresher there, tombeej

Terps' taking on mountain man Stannard in a sprint on the flats

Was never gonna end well

I'm sure he will be defending this title

Any idea if it will be televised here? is supersport coming to the party? man I hope so!

I've just checked the supersport.co.za website and looks like they won't be showing either race this weekend. AFAIR we got both races live on TV last year. Big bummer.

Anyway, we should still be able to watch on the peecee via Steephill.tv.

Patrick Lefevere, by far the most successful Classics team manager in history, talks about his dream team.

"The guys that I have picked are all able to win a Classic, and several did. Most importantly for me, they were also ready to die for the team, to die on the bike. I think this is very close to the perfect team."

His dream team:

The leader: Tom Boonen (Etixx-QuickStep)

The road captain: Wilfried Peeters (Mapei-GB)

Servais Knaven (Domo-Farm Frites)

The second leader: Johan Museeuw (Mapei)

Andrea Tafi (Mapei–GB)

Stijn Vandenbergh (Etixx-QuickStep)

Sylvain Chavanel (QuickStep)

Carlo Bomans (GB–MG Maglificio)

Iljo Keisse (Etixx-QuickStep)

Archived