Serengeti MTB

Natashap

Good Day

Who's doing the Serengeti Race tomorrow. IF yes what will the climb be on the 58km.

Can we expect loads of mud like previous years.

Need to know which bike to take ..... 

Thanks

We are doing the MTB Race... just wanted to know how much mud. Must i take the phatty of the normal MTB

Not to hijack the MTB thread, but its sad that the Serengeti/Edenvale race is no more... Ever since their unfortunate battle with ASG, its been a tough task keeping that race (the original Emperors) alive.

Not to hijack the MTB thread, but its sad that the Serengeti/Edenvale race is no more... Ever since their unfortunate battle with ASG, its been a tough task keeping that race (the original Emperors) alive.

And not to mention the stuff up last year with some guys doing a much shorter distance.

I did a ride from Serengeti to Delmas Road on Sunday. It was muddy. A little stream that we normally cross was up to my waste and a farmer in his 4X4 was stuck in there. Granted this was after the rains on Saturday so it should have improved by then.

Goes back much further than Emperors, it used to be Edenvale Mayors day, one of the oldest races in the country. I remember when it belonged to edenvale pedlers and Johnson cycles and Edenvale Spur were the main sponsors

Goes back much further than Emperors, it used to be Edenvale Mayors day, one of the oldest races in the country. I remember when it belonged to edenvale pedlers and Johnson cycles and Edenvale Spur were the main sponsors

And we started from the Edenvale sports grounds and went all the way up van riebeeck to where Greenstone is now. Was a lekker fast finish coming down. If I can remember correctly we did Allendale? We now going back probably 20 years.

And we started from the Edenvale sports grounds and went all the way up van riebeeck to where Greenstone is now. Was a lekker fast finish coming down. If I can remember correctly we did Allendale? We now going back probably 20 years.

Good times! All the splits and final culling was done coming up the allendale "steps".

Sjoe. I'm old.

Hi Guys. What is the profile of this race. Sorry I'm just getting into it and registered for the 10am but was thinking of changing to the 30 km. I am able to do about 17km at Modderfontein comfortably as a reference. Thanks.