The YT Mob: YT joins the World Cup with Aaron Gwin and Angel Suarez

News bot

Gwin didn't wear Specialized kit, he was on TLD

The fact that he's happy with a stock frame seemed like a bold premature statement given how pedantic Gwin is. I guess there's alot of testing ahead for them. Thing is, Gwin can pin it on any bike. But in the game of inches and seconds whether he'll take any podiums on a new bike is anyone's guess really.

Ya maybe - but this didnt happen overnight so he must have done some testing...

The TLD kit would explain why Brosnan looked several degrees worse than Gwin, which is not to say the TLD stuff was great at all - I'm with you on the stars and stripes ugliness.In fact much of the recent TLD kit is damn ugly.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. From what he said, though, the YT frame was pretty much exactly what he wanted the Spaz guys to change the Demo to ito geometry. 

the cynic in me thought, just a second or two, that that comment by Gwin was a bit of a backhand aimed at spesh:

"Literally, every change that I wanted to make to my last bike, geometry wise, was where their bike was now. I kind of had a laugh at that."

seems like he wanted more changes, on a brand new design of Demo? :whistling: . Interesting stuff that can be read into that statement of his. ;)

That's my thinking. Will see how he's riding, but he's from an MX background, and he's already got a top 20 (Lenzerheide iirc) so he could be a good shot.

As much as I hate to say it though, the YT has more chance of being at the top under Gwin. Gah!

Don't think that Mx is a deficit ito skills/ability in fact maybe an advantage? Seem to recall that all of Minnaar, Hannah (both) and the Atherton's all have MX backgrounds or use MX as part of their training. And indeed you recall correctly about Angel's top 20 performance, it was at Lenzerheide. He should learn loads under Gwin, as much as I hate saying it he is one hell of a rider/racer!

the cynic in me thought, just a second or two, that that comment by Gwin was a bit of a backhand aimed at spesh:

"Literally, every change that I wanted to make to my last bike, geometry wise, was where their bike was now. I kind of had a laugh at that."

seems like he wanted more changes, on a brand new design of Demo? :whistling: . Interesting stuff that can be read into that statement of his. ;)

Have you seen the interview with Loic where they test the Demo out, have an idea RE a new link .... Spaz engineers go away and comeback the next day with a newly machined lump of alum for the team to test. 

Something tells me the Spaz boys are not holding back for Loic and the team.

Have you seen the interview with Loic where they test the Demo out, have an idea RE a new link .... Spaz engineers go away and comeback the next day with a newly machined lump of alum for the team to test. 

link, no problem. overnight special.

Frame changes, wait. hang on. what?

Meanwhile at syndicate Ratboys like: 'What? you changed the tyres? Cool! lets pin it!'

Can't remember where I read that but it made me chuckle.

Yeah. From what he said, though, the YT frame was pretty much exactly what he wanted the Spaz guys to change the Demo to ito geometry. 

Fully agreed on the development. And they're happy to accommodate that. 

Yeah that's called let's sell more bikes marketing BS. Busting whips for the camera in Fontana is a far cry from a race run in Val Di Sole.

As Harry says in Day's of Thunder. There's nothing stock about a Stock Car.

link, no problem. overnight special.

Frame changes, wait. hang on. what?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/specialized-gravity-team-testing-winter-2016.html

What's that? You say you'd like to see how a bike performs with a different flex characteristic on the back end? One (or is that two) chopped chainstay coming right up. While possibly not ideal for all tracks and riding styles, if there were to be a time and a place for such a modification now the team has some data to back it up. This is not something you'd likely see being tried for the first time in the middle of the season, but in off-season test sessions it's just one of the many many stones not left unturned. 

With only one link to share, Loris gets his chance to see how it performs once Loic has finished putting it through the paces. While Loic runs a coil spring, Loris has found that the airspring and likely its more progressive spring rate to be preferable on his Demo. Also of note is that Loic and Loris always go back to their base settings to close the session in order to fully understand the changes made. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/specialized-gravity-team-testing-winter-2016.html

What's that? You say you'd like to see how a bike performs with a different flex characteristic on the back end? One (or is that two) chopped chainstay coming right up. While possibly not ideal for all tracks and riding styles, if there were to be a time and a place for such a modification now the team has some data to back it up. This is not something you'd likely see being tried for the first time in the middle of the season, but in off-season test sessions it's just one of the many many stones not left unturned. 

With only one link to share, Loris gets his chance to see how it performs once Loic has finished putting it through the paces. While Loic runs a coil spring, Loris has found that the airspring and likely its more progressive spring rate to be preferable on his Demo. Also of note is that Loic and Loris always go back to their base settings to close the session in order to fully understand the changes made. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

chainstay snip-snip was quite interesting. But if you are going to those lengths, and Gwin himself wanted to make frame changes, then has to wonder if they got that frame right.

But that's from a consumer's perspective. Duane's quote summed it perfectly for the fans: "There's nothing stock about a stock car".

But that's from a consumer's perspective. Duane's quote summed it perfectly for the fans: "There's nothing stock about a stock car".

Even if they run "stock" frames they use offset bushings, Offset headsets, headset spacers, Custom linkages. Etc Etc.

Yes the frame and swing arm might be stock but that's hardly stock IMO. These guys ride on a different planet compared to us plebs.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Even if they run "stock" frames they use offset bushings, Offset headsets, headset spacers, Custom linkages. Etc Etc.

Yes the frame and swing arm might be stock but that's hardly stock IMO. These guys ride on a different planet compared to us plebs.

That may well be the top teams but there are still plenty of racers without this level of tech input methinks. Its not about the bike :-) unless it has a motor.

Sorry pricing as follows:

Capra CF Comp - R 78,900.00

Capra AL Comp 2 - R 59,000.00

Capra AL Comp 1 - R 58,000.00

Capra AL - R 49,900.00