[Event] WP Downhill Round 1 - Helderberg Trails

News bot

Mmm, sounds like it will change a lot over winter...

Oh yes. It will get rain and bedded down over the winter. The part I love about Steilte is the multiple trails and the multiple lines on the trails. Much like the old Tokai DH trails in the forest.

I think that place is on the verge of being legitimately called SA's first Bikepark. There are DH, Enduro and XC lines everywhere. Even a pumptrack at the bottom. There a semi regular uplift days. All it needs is people to buy in more. No that thing in Bryanston is not a Bikepark.

If there was enough demand I'd run uplifts every weekend.

Jan and Duran have done such good work there.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup it claimed some casualties!

The pics don't do that thing justice. It's proper steep and changed EVERY SINGLE time someone rode down it. A real challenge that track.

Well done Duran and Jan. We could have a 4 race series there on a (Almost) completely different track every race.

A little birdie told me their next project is an A-Line style jump line with berms and big tables. Hopefully the birdi wasn't bullcrapping me

Edited by Duane_Bosch