Helmet Choice Recon?

HowardSteele

Time to get a new Helmet ...And was very happy with my black and white Fox Striker...not so happy with the new colour options from Fox... Orange

.So looking at 661 recon Scout or Stryker...I'm sure i saw something on the forum but search not really giving anything useful .

There is a R500 difference at Dialed bikes between the Scout and Stryker is it worth it ?

Thanks 

The Stryker has a BOA system, making it a much better fit. As for the Recon Scout it has a normal pinch system, similar to the Fox Flux.

They both use the same shell design

If you are looking for a well budget helmet, then I would recommend the Recon Scout but if you have some cash to spend and want a little bit more comfort I would go for the Recon Stryker.  :thumbup:

btw, I have a Recon Scout and it is still awesome!

Edited by gwhite

I bought a Recon Scout from Dial'd Bikes on Monday and it was only R999 then! Went for a ride with it yesterday and it was really comfortable. The only issue would be if you wanted to adjust it while riding.

On another note, the service from Dial'd Bikes is really awesome. I ordered the helmet on Monday morning just before 8am and received it at lunch time the same day.

Ive been using a recon stealth for about 2 years now...

The only probs i have with is that it can get hot in summer as the ventilation isnt the greatest - that and the fact that my wifes R600 scott WATU is lighter.

But none the less the fit is awesome and i love the added coverage. I would probably get another 661 lid when it comes time to replace this one. Great value for money

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any other options in this price range. ....as of this morning my old etto helmet has been ''retired''

Any other options in this price range. ....as of this morning my old etto helmet has been ''retired''

In the same boat with my Etto, its time to retire it.

Very interested to know what you find.

I've got a Bell Stoker that I've been using for about a month now and I'm really impressed with it.

My Lbs are Scott dealers and they have some Scott helmets in stock aswell, I was contemplating getting the Scott Vivo helmet wich looked like a good option at R1200,but ended up buying the Stoker for a bargain price of a fella I know.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

After not being able to get a Fox Striker in the colour i preferred ...i settled on a IXS

and I've been really happy with my choice...light low profile and comfortable.

Try before you buy...these helmet sizes are smaller than average and they are narrower.

the only complaint i have is the liitle round Velcro stickies which hold the one piece padding in place come loose (first time i removed the padding to wash it)and i had to replace some of them with new ones.