How do I judge if my NW ring is worn??

BaGearA

I have a rapide 32 t ring which i bought 3 years ago , it has some decent miles on but still looks exactlt the same as the day i bought it

I did buy it before they made the light weight ones so its very thick BTW

But how do I judge how worn it is , cause i don't want to cause premature wear on my chain ??

thanks

Chains wear gears, not the other way around. And you'll know when it's worn when the chain starts dropping regularly.

And then to my understanding if you 'flip it around' you can get another few hundreds of KM's out of it or is that an old wives tale?

And then to my understanding if you 'flip it around' you can get another few hundreds of KM's out of it or is that an old wives tale?

Also heard that you can flip it around and it will be good for another couple of 1000kms

Umm.... I think the flipping around works for a regular SS chain ring, but doesn't the NW rely on the fat teeth to 'stay in line'?

I am certainly no pro but I would guess that would wear fater than the old 'sharks tooth' scenario.

But I may be entirely incorrect as only 1 side (The rear as opposed to left right) of the fat tooth would wear due to chain line?

hmmmm...... Anyone with any light? My mind is befuddled and I'm hungry

Archived