Dome to dome 2016????

PaulTeague

Howzit guys. Does the dome to dome race still exist?....cant seem to find anything on the web and old website domain is closed?...

After the piss poor ability to put on a race last years where over half the field had no water for half the race , non existent marshaling and terrible management of ablutions and venue , I hope this event is no longer and the organizers have moved onto something else. Worse race I have ever ridden. Save your money

Agree the organisation was rubbish, there was no water at any of the water points, at all, the road traffic was crazy and had a number of near misses. Got to water point 4 and it didn't exist even though I was there way ahead of the closing time.

This was literally the worst race I have ever done in the 2 years i have been racing.

I did it a couple years back...thought it was a lekker route and ride. Obviously not the biggest of races so i was happy with the lack of marshalling then. Didnt need to use any water points that year cos it was bliksems cold...(toes still frozen at end of race)....but sounds like it was a kaka one last year. Sorry to hear about that guys.

Im gonna assume this race is no more...thnx for the replies

Hi, did it 2013 to 2015. 2013 the route was still 93km, then 2014 they changed it to 110km I think, this made it quite a bit tougher with some hills at the end. Last year wasn't that great, but not if that would result in them stopping the race for good. It's only in Spring though, give it some time and maybe look back in July/August.

• 4 months later...

D2D last year was NOT safe at all WRT the route and they charged us to park in a dust bowl. Unless a lot changes about that race I wont be entering it.

D2D last year was NOT safe at all WRT the route and they charged us to park in a dust bowl. Unless a lot changes about that race I wont be entering it.

Way not try this race

http://www.cycleevents.co.za/road-events/mogale-spring-classic-2016/

More or less the same rout as the D2D. Much shorted. But 1000 times better organizing.

did both the D2D and Mogale last year and enjoyed it far more than the D2D.

Wont enter it because I have to drive my kwas suur just to pick up a silly paper.

A lot of races are declining because of this and they don't even know they need to catch a wake up.......sad really as I (and a lot of other of my friends) really like road racing....

Wont enter it because I have to drive my kwas suur just to pick up a silly paper.

A lot of races are declining because of this and they don't even know they need to catch a wake up.......sad really as I (and a lot of other of my friends) really like road racing....

If I had a car like yours I wouldn't mind driving from PTA to fourways :D .

But seriously, Yes I agree with you. I will have to really consider entering berg en dale next year because Its about a 200km round trip twice for me to do that race.

Will they be using Mogale as seeding for 947/Argus?

Not sure, as the distance is less than 80km..

Maybe they will work it as using a lower beta rating?

Archived