Canyon Bikes, anyone bought online and had it shipped to SA

I just scanned through the German cycle forums and it seems that Canyon is still experiencing massive problems with delivery.

We are talking about delivery times of up to 5 months. Even small parts like derailleur hangers or bearings take several weeks.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone know how popular Canyon bike are in Europe, I know we don't see them out much on our weekend rides, but what do the brand's look like in Europe?

and yet the clients are lining up and willing to take the abuse,

supply / demand

Clearly their marketing dept is doing a great job

But the do not ship to RSA. Only way to get one is  to send to a country they do send to and then import it to RSA.

Canyon do deliver to RSA, it's just not cheap.

This is the reply I received from them when I asked:

"Regarding your request we have to inform you that it is possible to deliver our bike models to south africa. The price for shipping is 399€ and additional you have to pay 14,20€ for the bikeguard"

"Regarding your request we have to inform you that it is possible to deliver our bike models to south africa. The price for shipping is 399€ and additional you have to pay 14,20€ for the bikeguard"

And then you still have to pay VAT on all off that,eina! And if there is issues with a warranty then you going to pay more bucks for shipping and its going to take lots of emails and frustration to get it sorted.

So the long and short of it is, order it and have it delivered to a mate in Germany, pop over there for a few beers and come back with your frame. 

Sounds great to me!

...at the end of the day, same (or more) price as some other twenty...Niner...s you can buy locally...

but that's just me...

So the long and short of it is, order it and have it delivered to a mate in Germany, pop over there for a few beers and come back with your frame. 

Sounds great to me!

Or buy a Pyga Stage  :clap:

I have had a few PM from PYGA owners telling me of the issues, from broken frames, Alloy and Carbon, and for the price of R42K for the frame, I think Santa Cruz or even Canyon is the way to go

I have had a few PM from PYGA owners telling me of the issues, from broken frames, Alloy and Carbon, and for the price of R42K for the frame, I think Santa Cruz or even Canyon is the way to go

sick

Dunno about carbon, but I've not heard of a broken alu Pyga before. 

Archived