Dikololo Routes and Trails

TheKaiser

Any body done some riding in and around Dikololo (outside Brits)?

Their website doesn't provide much info, so I turn to you.

Potentially going there this weekend, and would really like to take my mountain bike along.

Trails would be great, but dirt roads will be fine too.

I am also going there soon. I have been before and I mtb'ed inside Dikhololo around the animals which was pretty fun especially seeing as I didn't realise how fast a giraffe can move and how curious they are.  :w00t:

I am also going there soon. I have been before and I mtb'ed inside Dikhololo around the animals which was pretty fun especially seeing as I didn't realise how fast a giraffe can move and how curious they are.  :w00t:

Sounds awesome! I'll give them a call a bit later just to confirm, but either way the bike is going with. I can hit the dirt roads.

I have ridden there. Its lekker chilled riding. I did find a little bit of single track but its full of thorns. Lets just say its not proper man made single track so rather just stay away, I was depositing stans all over the place.  A few sections with slightly softer sand but its mostly your standard dirt road. Definately take the bike with, You will end up getting a few miles in. And like scubes said its cool riding closer to the animals. I was able to get fairly close to a baby zebra without it being worried at all.

Sounds awesome! I'll give them a call a bit later just to confirm, but either way the bike is going with. I can hit the dirt roads.

I just remember the teeth shattering corrugation on the access roads from my last visit :|

I just remember the teeth shattering corrugation on the access roads from my last visit :|

:| I seriously hope not.......

:| I seriously hope not.......

oh yeh the access road had a few ruts.....the dirt roads inside Dikhololo are very sandy in parts so make sure your tyres can handle lots of sand.. and like others said lots of thorns on  the single tracks/animal paths.. i don't run tubeless and had a few punctures.. the little shop there sells puncture kits for a reason!

You can cruise around inside the reserve amongst the animals, dont expect a great ride thats challenging.

Whats more challenging is getting to a fridge fast enough for beer.

That should some up your ride.

O ja I remember that. Agreed it was bad. I tried driving fast and slow and it was just as bad either way.

O ja I remember that. Agreed it was bad. I tried driving fast and slow and it was just as bad either way.

Just as good either way. Any time spent on the bike is good.

It could always be worse

Luckily that is only outside Dikhololo. Inside the road is smooth and sandy, in places. Nice and flat for an easy ride.

Luckily that is only outside Dikhololo. Inside the road is smooth and sandy, in places. Nice and flat for an easy ride.

Yip. If I can remember correctly I racked up a good few kilos that weekend.

I just looked now at some photos I took last time I was there. There is also a 4x4 track there. I took my bakkie through the track. If there are no cars there I'm sure it will be cool to ride the 4x4 track. I see there are some steep banked corners. 

• 6 years later...

Late response to an old discussion, but I'm in Dikhololo right now and come here every year so have done quite a few rides here. The resort trails are relatively flat and sandy so it not hard but also not simple. Fun to ride amongst the wildlife so I would describe it as a game ride. Took my kids for a ride and they loved it, there were a few falls in the thicker sand though. I run tubeless and I put sealant in the kids tubes so no issues. We did a fun >10kms