Betting on UCI events (downhill)

DanielJhb

So I enjoy an occasional punt on soccer/tennis etc through the online sites but I can't seem to find a single site that offers markets on UCI downhill events, which is strange considering the huge variety of other sports avl, from local mma to darts and even politics. Almost all sites offer markets on road races and tour De France. Anyone have any thoughts on why?

• 7 years later...
On 4/10/2016 at 9:59 AM, DanielJhb said:

So I enjoy an occasional punt on soccer/tennis etc through the online sites but I can't seem to find a single site that offers markets on UCI downhill events, which is strange considering the huge variety of other sports avl, from local mma to darts and even politics. Almost all sites offer markets on road races and tour De France. Anyone have any thoughts on why?

Niche sport. I doubt many people who follow DHI are betting on the other sports they follow. You need a large volume of betting public to justify putting the intel into creating a book. Chicken and egg, but doubt it would be a viable proposition.

I have tried doing some cycling betting, but they only offer bets on the largest of races - ie. Cape epic, fuggedaboutit. It can add a real twist to a long stage. BUT the odds are clearly stacked towards the house, cycling is very unpredictable and they cover themselves with a large field.

On 4/10/2016 at 9:59 AM, DanielJhb said:

Wait a minute, You can BET on politics?! What on earth are the bets?