Ruby vs ESI grips vs Luvhandles?

Andrek

Getting my parents to bring me over some Luv when they are on holiday. I go through ESI like toilet paper, and that stuff is expensive. Also I should probably learn how to ride properly.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You had the More Luv's previously. Shouldn't the new size be the Much Luvs?

As per your site:

1. LESS LUV (5,5mm)

2. MORE LUV (6,35mm)

3. MUCH LUV (6,75mm)

Hi Ferro, thanks for pointing that out!! Indeed the "Much Luv" is the thicker grip...

Yeah , also wondering if 0,4mm will make such a difference ?

Enjoying the 6.35. However, If i didn't already have the .35 i would get the .75 but to change from the 35 to the 75 i'm not sure. Might skip the .75 and hold out for the 9.5 Enormous Luv if that's on the cards.

I have the same question. Are they the same dia. as the Xtra Chunky ESI grips ?

Okay cool - then i suppose i should ask. What is the difference between the wall thickness or are they the same.

Ok gents, got the chief Luv mathematician to bring his fancy measuring device... and my measurements was slightly off! Not surprising as I can't tell the difference between 26inch, 27.5inch, 650B and circus wheels...  :whistling:

Diameter wise, the Luv can't really compare to the "Easy" grips as our inner diameter is slightly smaller which results to a "toighter" fit on the bars.

The "More Luv" silicone thickness  of 6.4mm is comparable to the well known "Easy" size

The "Much Luv silicone thickness of 7.5mm is comparable to the "fatter" "Easy" size.

post-89842-0-51238600-1466168754_thumb.jpg

So there is a 2mm difference on average between the 2 Luv  grip thickness offerings.

"Moerse Luv" for you guys that like alot of "meat" on the bones sounds like an idea!  

Ok gents, got the chief Luv mathematician to bring his fancy measuring device... and my measurements was slightly off! Not surprising as I can't tell the difference between 26inch, 27.5inch, 650B and circus wheels...  :whistling:

Diameter wise, the Luv can't really compare to the "Easy" grips as our inner diameter is slightly smaller which results to a "toighter" fit on the bars.

The "More Luv" silicone thickness  of 6.4mm is comparable to the well known "Easy" size

The "Much Luv silicone thickness of 7.5mm is comparable to the "fatter" "Easy" size.

attachicon.gifLuv-much-vs-more.jpg

So there is a 2mm difference on average between the 2 Luv  grip thickness offerings.

"Moerse Luv" for you guys that like alot of "meat" on the bones sounds like an idea!  

amazing what 2.2mm visually make to the grips side by side.

Personally I think they go on a bit too tight which leads to the tearing I found on 2 pairs already. Perhaps that inner diameter is also not according to specs?

Edited by Andrek

Personally I think they go on a bit too tight which leads to the tearing I found on 2 pairs already. Perhaps that inner diameter is also not according to specs?

I have fitted two pairs, one on my bike, and experienced No tearing

attachicon.gifLuv-much-vs-more.jpg

The website still lists the much luv as 6.75mm

• 3 months later...

I just ordered my 8th pair of luvhandles and no its not because i own that many bikes (i wish) or that the quality is *** its because all my riding buddies see them and then they want them. (I do personally have 4 pairs but its 3 different colours for my bike and 1 for the wife's)

I am still on my first pair i fitted and the only issue i have is the wife's parrot was also looking for some luv and he took a bite out of the grip!  :thumbup:

Awesome product guys!!

So is the 'Much Luv' only available in black?

There also don't seem to be stock atm?

Or am I just being an idiot?

Looks like you are right with your first guess.

Looks like you are right with your first guess.

I popped them a mail, lets see when they expect to have stock again - maybe I can hold on long enough

I just ordered my 8th pair of luvhandles and no its not because i own that many bikes (i wish) or that the quality is *** its because all my riding buddies see them and then they want them. (I do personally have 4 pairs but its 3 different colours for my bike and 1 for the wife's)

I am still on my first pair i fitted and the only issue i have is the wife's parrot was also looking for some luv and he took a bite out of the grip!  :thumbup:

Awesome product guys!!

Thanks, for the support lerouc!!