Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

I feel your pain, those are farking expensive. There was some guy in the classifieds wanting to swop his like new pike for a fox kashima fork, seriously maybe check it out.

I'd send the fork straight to Droo and get his opinion, he's an independent guy with an excellent reputation and knows his suspension, you can surely rely on his advice.

But stick to your guns, I've experienced something similar, it just feels wrong. If it was as it is supposed to be you'd be able to appreciate at least some of its qualities, it would be amazing but just perhaps not quite what you wanted(a fork can't be everything) but you'd at least see the value of the fork in what it excels at, it's a top notch fork.

But omnico have properly poisoned the experience though, treating you like a fool, not respecting your belongings, the original box is the perfect thing to store the fork in and important for resale. Hope you can get some value out of the situation, keep your head up and screw omnico!

you hit the nail on the head. It's just feels wrong . You start to doubt yourself though thinking maybe it's me.

But at least I have another bike that I can ride back to back to make sure my sanity is still in check and I am not going mad.

Yea I wil do but it's hard to keep sending it back and when it returns there's little or no difference. Sometimes I think that's what these companies depend on. That our normal lives are so busy that we don't have the time or strength to fight them.

Wonder if the guy wanting to swop his fork actually has the same issue as me??

Thanks dude.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long did you have it before you notified them of the problem, and semt it back....doesnt the consumer protection act say you have a right to a refund or swop...if a product doesnt work as suppose to ..maybe check out your rights with lawyer.

If everyone agrees it's a POS, then why did it get such rave reviews? :blink:

would love to know. That's the reason I bought the fork. Was going to buy an mrp loop or Sid.

But who's to say that the journos aren't biased??

Problem is we believe everything we read and take it as gospel.

I have had all the forks mentioned above and have never had an issue with any of them like this. I am also a very front end biased rider and rely heavily on a decent fork ,hence why I splash the money on a decent fork.

I welcome anybody to ride it and tell me that the fork is as good as the reviews make out.

The guy has a Pike and wants a Fox Kashima fork because the colour(orange) will match his bike better :eek:. Well that's what his ad said. His ad's gone now but I've pm'd you his name/profile, maybe he's still looking.

How long did you have it before you notified them of the problem, and semt it back....doesnt the consumer protection act say you have a right to a refund or swop...if a product doesnt work as suppose to ..maybe check out your rights with lawyer.

I think it went back in the first week the first time. Have only had the fork for 2 months and most of the time it has been in transit or at omnico or from the shop I bought it from.

The guy has a Pike and wants a Fox Kashima fork because the colour(orange) will match his bike better :eek:. Well that's what his ad said. His ad's gone now but I've pm'd you his name/profile, maybe he's still looking.

cool thanks,he must have rocks in his head. But I couldn't swop in good conscience.

At first I thought that it was because I was used to longer travel forks with bigger stanchions . But when I rode my mates mongoose ht with a sr suntour and that felt like perfection compared to fox I knew for sure I wasn't going mad.

It makes your arms tired that's a huge tell tale sign.

Ja bro, You definitely have a dud fork there. The new 32 has according to all reviews, managed to overcome the shortcomings of the craptastic CTD system. So no, I don't reckon Omnico are treating you well here. 

The problems you describe are EXACTLY those of the CTD. You know my feelings on the thing - I'm an RS man through and through - but send it back. Via the proper channels, as normal, and follow up with a phonecall to the guys to describe what you're experiencing. Or send it to Droo. Either way, the new 32 is reportedly on par with a Sid / Reba, so you shouldn't have these problems. At all. Kick up a fuss, like the pom that you are (yes, I know, stereotypes etc)

I'd be livid...

That's the thing I don't normal jump up & down,i normally just except what ppl are telling as gospel. No reason to lie to me right ??

But bollocks to it this time, tooth & nail.

That's the thing I don't normal jump up & down,i normally just except what ppl are telling as gospel. No reason to lie to me right ??

But bollocks to it this time, tooth & nail.

Hey man

I have a 32 fit4 fork on my hardtail, it's not the factory version though. I have had no issues with it so far, it goes through its travel properly, doesn't bottom out abnormally, tracks really well and has good small bump compliance.

So I think there must still be something wrong with it.

It is definitely not a puke killer, they are 2 totally different forks and intended for different uses, but I do ride pretty hard and have ridden lots of trail that I have ridden with my pike, the 32 handled it very well. Mine has a bar mouted lock out which I have never bothered connecting so I always ride it open and like I said, it's been good thus far.

would love to know. That's the reason I bought the fork. Was going to buy an mrp loop or Sid.

But who's to say that the journos aren't biased??

Problem is we believe everything we read and take it as gospel.

I have had all the forks mentioned above and have never had an issue with any of them like this. I am also a very front end biased rider and rely heavily on a decent fork ,hence why I splash the money on a decent fork.

I welcome anybody to ride it and tell me that the fork is as good as the reviews make out.

Never been a Fox fan, especially since reading about how crap the pre-2015 (I think) forks are. An expensive mistake to make unfortunately. Maybe it can get better with some proper setting up?

Hey man

I have a 32 fit4 fork on my hardtail, it's not the factory version though. I have had no issues with it so far, it goes through its travel properly, doesn't bottom out abnormally, tracks really well and has good small bump compliance.

So I think there must still be something wrong with it.

It is definitely not a puke killer, they are 2 totally different forks and intended for different uses, but I do ride pretty hard and have ridden lots of trail that I have ridden with my pike, the 32 handled it very well. Mine has a bar mouted lock out which I have never bothered connecting so I always ride it open and like I said, it's been good thus far.

thanks for the info dude. As I expected.

I am not trying to compare my 32 factory to the pike,but the 34 has the same fit 4 damper system doesn't it? I also have an mrp stage and the small bump compliance on a flat corrugated sections is night and day.

I also ride some trails and decent rocky sections but there is no ways I can take my fox fork on those routes. No confidence.

Never been a Fox fan, especially since reading about how crap the pre-2015 (I think) forks are. An expensive mistake to make unfortunately. Maybe it can get better with some proper setting up?

have never really had a preference untill I bought a pike and then an mrp. But got caught up in the reviews and bam spent the money,puke ????. Have done nothing but play with it,my mates are going to stop riding with me soon if I keep stopping every 10 minutes ????????????

thanks for the info dude. As I expected.

I am not trying to compare my 32 factory to the pike,but the 34 has the same fit 4 damper system doesn't it? I also have an mrp stage and the small bump compliance on a flat corrugated sections is night and day.

I also ride some trails and decent rocky sections but there is no ways I can take my fox fork on those routes. No confidence.

Yes the dampers should be exactly the same so should perform te same, only difference would be the stiffness.

Like I said mine has had no real issues yet, and mine tracks well.

I would demand a replacement.

Archived