Throat infection - Beriglobin

Hi I recently got a throat infection . Advised to take beriglobin as I'm racing this week and have important events . Problem is I can't seem to find anyone who stocks it . Advice PLEEAAASSSEE

Your system is compromised. Sit out the events and heal properly. Frustrating I know.

Sorry pal.

beriglobin  

Great product.. the generic Intrgam is better because it's a third of the price... however....

Your system is compromised. Sit out the events and heal properly.  

what he said!

it's a great product... but it's no quick fix if you're already ill

I asked my doctor about it,( my daughter got sick the week before Epic, and I was worried I might get sick) and he strongly advised me not to touch it. It is for people with compromised immune systems ( as I understand it), and useless for a healthy person who has had the misfortune to get sick before a race.

I take this stuff when I get sick. Might be a bit of placebo affect, but I swear I feel better sooner. Sommer 2-3 "pap lepels" at a time.

original.jpg

I think people reading this thread should also take some time to read "Bad science" by Ben Goldacre and then reconsider the issue.

Maybe send V12man a dm and ask him what you should do.

He should sit it out....

Treat it with a throat antiseptic gargle and rest.

Generally more to it than just a simple sore throat....

He should sit it out....

Treat it with a throat antiseptic gargle and rest.

Generally more to it than just a simple sore throat....

I had a bit of a throat infection a week ago, actually up to a few days ago. And a slightly snotty nose. No COLD symptoms like feeling crappy or the famous sore throat that you cannot swallow type stuff. Just a bit of a wet nose and slight sore throat. Went for a trail run. I got such bad pains in my chest (heart area), I had to walk a few times. Like proper someone sitting on your chest pains. After the run I actually got into a family member's car and skipped the last 2km. The days after that, a few short and sharp pains in the heart. My HR was about 10 bpm higher than usually for the next few days.

I stopped all training for a week, and started running again this past Sunday, feeling much better.

We got a history of heart attacks in the family, but I am very hard headed... Been for ECG's in the past and they never find anything wrong.

I'll probably drop dead one day and then my family is told it was some undiagnosed heart condition or something.

But ja... I wouldn't RACE if I were sick. Super light training maybe, but not smash-yourself-racing.

I had a bit of a throat infection a week ago, actually up to a few days ago. And a slightly snotty nose. No COLD symptoms like feeling crappy or the famous sore throat that you cannot swallow type stuff. Just a bit of a wet nose and slight sore throat. Went for a trail run. I got such bad pains in my chest (heart area), I had to walk a few times. Like proper someone sitting on your chest pains. After the run I actually got into a family member's car and skipped the last 2km. The days after that, a few short and sharp pains in the heart. My HR was about 10 bpm higher than usually for the next few days.

I stopped all training for a week, and started running again this past Sunday, feeling much better.

We got a history of heart attacks in the family, but I am very hard headed... Been for ECG's in the past and they never find anything wrong.

I'll probably drop dead one day and then my family is told it was some undiagnosed heart condition or something.

But ja... I wouldn't RACE if I were sick. Super light training maybe, but not smash-yourself-racing.

Sounds like a viral infection that was just starting to take hold - caution is sometimes called for in training.... and definately avoid racing if you are ill.

You might want to go for another ECG sooner rather than later...

Archived