The Giro, my favourite tour of the year is only 2 weeks....

GrumpyOldGuy

http://www.steephill.tv/2016/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-21/174337_peri07.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand when someone can someone smash a day in the first two weeks and get fatigued over time.

When you are nowhere and after three weeks get stronger? Not maintain fitness or fight off fatigue, improve.

If this is not suspicious, then Froome's performance is somewhat less than normal.

The only way you can say he improved is if you know that his watts per KG went up over the three weeks. As far as I know those numbers were not given out.

What we can say with certainty is he was better at the end relative to the others. It might well be that he didn't fatigue as much as they did. Could be better endurance from years in the saddle Or perhaps he rode clever and didn't expend as much effort.

Yes he has been caught cheating. Not my favorite. Bit like some rugby players that get red carded for dirty play. I don't like that. It's breaking rules. But they take their punishment and come back. Seems a bit silly to never allow them to score a try ever again.

It was an amazing event.

then lets give Lance his titles back already

Well, you could be aware that he didn't just broke rules

Lots of fraud, bribery involved and so on as you might know

#theboss ????

I'm not sure taking a gel from a team mate in the no feed zone equates to a decade of systematic drug taking and denial whilst destroying other people's reputations . . . .

(And I was a huge Lance fan back in the day)

After spending some time in the Campagnolo factory learning all about the new EPS V3 electronic groupset (more about that later and in its own thread!) ... the guys from Campy treated us to Stage 11 when they finished in Asolo!!

Managed to get a couple of shots in!

post-4352-0-25951400-1464608186_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-92346400-1464612991_thumb.jpg

post-4352-0-35510300-1464613799_thumb.jpg

That must've been like a dream, Tank'

Wow

(Sadly you were not running with the SA flag in a mankini)

That must've been like a dream, Tank'

Wow

(Sadly you were not running with the SA flag in a mankini)

That trip was insanely freekin awesome!  More than a dream come true!

Spent two days in the Campagnolo factory, visited Bianchi factory, had lunch in the Bianchi Cafe in Milan, cycled around the streets of Bergamo, watched the Giro ....

I just loooooooooooooove Italy, this was my second time there.

A massive thank you to the awesome people at J&J Cycling for making this possible!!

That trip was insanely freekin awesome! More than a dream come true!

Spent two days in the Campagnolo factory, visited Bianchi factory, had lunch in the Bianchi Cafe in Milan, cycled around the streets of Bergamo, watched the Giro ....

A massive thank you to the awesome people at J&J Cycling for making this possible!!

Most awesome

That trip was insanely freekin awesome!  More than a dream come true!

Very special

Dream stuff

I remember being on the Champs Elysees at least year's TdF and a whole lot of other dreamy bits

Just can't explain to other peoples.

I have been to many GTours over the years and I will keep saying it. The Giro is by far the best Grand Tour. The TDF just got the timing right where to stick it into the race calendar. The TDF falls right in the middle of the European holiday, actually most of the Worlds holidays and hence has a huge following on the road but personally the Giro has everything a true cycling supporter / follower enjoys in a race. You never want to miss a stage because you not sure who will take the jersey the following day and its exciting till the end. The Tour is more "I will mark you with 2km till go and then I will make my move...if my DS allows it. See you tomorrow and we do it all over again ok!"  Who has not enjoyed the scenery more than the racing on some stages of the TDF?

It was another great Tour and I had wished someone other than the shark would win but not. Never liked him much but was impressed with the way he hugged Chavez parents when they congratulated Nibali. Like the way Chavez calls it like it is. He had no legs, no other excuse

Thats the main problem with the tour....the money.And money brings horsepower...loads and loads of it.The strongest riders in the world in the best possible shape with the strongest possible teams to support them!Horsepower make it difficult to have "flair" and be aggresive.When teams like Sky,BMC,Astana,Tinkof and Movistar line up with the best they have it changes the way guys are able to race.

Thats why I think the true fan will always love the Giro and the Vuelta more..but we will always watch the tour because of the big names.

I would love to see this change and the top 10 riders in the world be forced to ride all 3 tours..but that will be very hard to do. It will change the way they all race.

Archived