My experience with Cajees

Neil Mc

Ok - the inside scoop on buying from Cajees.

I went there last week looking for gloves -

Garneau Flare price R680

Haggle, haggle, haggle - final price R450.

Because:

"My cost price" as he checks computer "is R333" and was too dim to bluff. 

So you could do worse than assume they begin by marking up spares and accessories by 100%.

Cost price is less than R333 - those Cajees okes may be useless when it comes to engineering/servicing but they're crackerjack first class A number 1 when it comes to money....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought my 2 year old daughter a balance bike from sportsworld (Brilliant service) and on the weekens i went to go look for a helmut for her.

So, there was a Cajees in the vacinity and decided to walk in and have a look. Found a really nice Giant helmut, adjustable, nice padding on the inside, spare padding amd light at the back.

The price was a bit steep for o kiddies helmut - R450 so put it down and then....an employee walked up to me akd said that those are only RRPices...this in was expecting. He went behind the counter, checked his pc and said R320....sounded much bettet and more reasonable...walked out with the helmut.

Its a great place to get products at good prices but that is it.

I bought a fork here on the Hub last year and when the deal was done I realised that the fork will not fit a straight steerer tube(my bike) vs tapered fork. Hubbers told me what what needs to be done in order to make it work. Equipped with this info went to Cajees Horison to ask for a price on the headset...they said that they need to find out about this part because they never heard of it before...they will call me back...still waiting....

Found the part and was fitted by myself...thanks to the Hub for info on DIY.

Cajees are probaly still doing research on this part....hence no phone call :ph34r:

I bought a fork here on the Hub last year and when the deal was done I realised that the fork will not fit a straight steerer tube(my bike) vs tapered fork. Hubbers told me what what needs to be done in order to make it work. Equipped with this info went to Cajees Horison to ask for a price on the headset...they said that they need to find out about this part because they never heard of it before...they will call me back...still waiting....

Cajees are probaly still doing research on this part....hence no phone call :ph34r:

Could you direct me to such a thread, I am interested to learn as well.

O most bike shops dont know you can do this

Sorry not sure if this is the correct place for a rant about bad service? Thought i would post my experience with Cajees Edenvale. I have a 2013 spotless trek super fly 100sl pro. It's a 9.8kg full Susser, just mentioning this so you get the picture that I take care of my bike like it was my child, I clean and lube my bottom bracket and chain and cassette fairly often, last week I did the emperors palace mtb race and my bottom bracket was making a noise, the outer bearings had just been greased (no it wasn't just under tightened) so figured the inner was a bit dirty or needed changing, anyway I take it to Cajees and explain my BB noise and request a bearing service, I also ask them to quote me on a quick release as the end is slightly worn, long story short I phone them and they say they have done the BB and are waiting for the QR they inform me my shifter cable and chain and cassette are very worn and can they replace them, I replaced the cable the week prior and my cassette has very little wear! anyway I told them they shouldn't just be ordering the part, I'm waiting on the price as I may decide not to take it if expensive, no problem, Friday comes I havn't heard from them and I need my bike for my Durban Holliday, I phone and they say my bike isn't ready and they still waiting for the QR they ordered, after chatting I hear they are having a problem with my QR and couldn't get it lose because I added a drop of loctite, I go there to find the mechanic had butchered my QR, he had Brocken the end off, then drilled the end and then drilled the other end, the whole shaft was full of grind marks. They say they had to remove my drop-outs in order to get the QR out. Anyway after a heated discussion I tell them to do what they must do to correct the situation and I'll return after 1 week, I go back and collect my bike after a week, I get them to remove the rear wheel so I can check for scratches on dropouts, all seemed fine, I get charged R1200, and was told I got R300 discount, this is a joke because if he told me R1300 I would have said don't worry about it, but because they just decided to do their own thing and then butcher my item they seem to think it right that I pay for the item I didn't approve. Anyway I pay and go for ride next morning, getting things ready I notice scratches on the frame, one significant and three minor, please appreciate my bike was spotless apart from three tiny scratches which I know about, I made mittens for my bike because I worry it will get scratched, basically I'm saying there is no chance at all that these marks were there before. on top of this my rear brake caliper was loose (both bolts), anyway I go for a ride and gears are jumping front and back, and lastly my chain breaks I did note they had split the chain to work on the bike. This rely is terrible terrible service especially scratching my bike and especially butchering a QR that they didn't have a go ahead to remove,I will never ever go to Cajees again. Use it don't use it.. I'd just like to say the young Afrikaans salesman did his best to make sure everything was ok. This is all on the mechanic and manager.

You put Loctite on the QR......? WTF

• 3 weeks later...