[Event] Nissan Trailseeker GP #2 HAZELDEAN

VeloErv

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So because I live nearby I would like to propose that instead of parking at the venue next time, rather park further up the road at the Hazeldean shopping centre or at the gym parking area.

The downside is then that you have to cycle back to your car ~5km.

I cycled 12 km to the race and back giving me a nice 94 km on the MTB.

Was my first Marathon so was definitely tired after that. But it did not take me 50 minutes between finishing and getting home.

Will have to drive to #3 though , then it is 30 km, will not make that.

For sure we will park out of the venue next year .

Maybe you all should reconsider this one...

We came back to an empty parking spot...  :thumbdown:

We lost a Hilux and all our kit. Not fun to stand around in lycra pants, penniless and smelling like a dog after a dusty Marathon. Car was found (stripped to the bone) in Soweto later in the afternoon.

Ride was fun though...

Maybe you all should reconsider this one...

We came back to an empty parking spot...  :thumbdown:

We lost a Hilux and all our kit. Not fun to stand around in lycra pants, penniless and smelling like a dog after a dusty Marathon. Car was found (stripped to the bone) in Soweto later in the afternoon.

Ride was fun though...

Sorry to hear, that really sucks big time.

Big thank you to the guys at SAseeding (Wynand), who fixed my missing result quickly and with no hassle.

Big thank you to the guys at SAseeding (Wynand), who fixed my missing result quickly and with no hassle.

How did you do that??? I did the Ashburton #4 Van Gaalen, and I am missing from the results. Rode with a friend (he is in the results) and the photographers have lots of pictures of me out there - including on the finish line.

I have sent 3/4 emails to SAS with no reply whatsoever... only silence.

And yes - my board was checked before the race (same board we used Saturday).

Loved the marathon route, the venue was good. For me Advendurance upped their game in 2016. Rode with my girlfriend, she did her first marathon and we started in F. Must say I enjoyed the XCO Olympians from G and F batch racing for honors in the single track. If you wanted to race then you were in the wrong batch.

Thanks for the walkers that got out of the way up the climb for the riders to come through, it made it a lot easier.

What u don't understand is that you have to start somewhere. You don't always want to ride in batch G or H. So what u do then is ride hard so you can move up some batches. It is not rocket science. Nobody is a overnight A batch sensation.

Think the event was great .

Nice route and very well marked and marshalled .

Wind was nasty , but then we didn't complain when it was blowing from behind and we could give some gas .

Food stalls were in abundance , but very slow service , and 50 minutes to exit the venue is not on ...

Good idea to have water at the finish !!

Somehow I completely missed the food stalls, could only find coffee and craft beer... Decided to head to my sisters place in Lynnwood Ridge where a couple of fresh pies was waiting, well deserved after the half and the ride there.

How did you do that??? I did the Ashburton #4 Van Gaalen, and I am missing from the results. Rode with a friend (he is in the results) and the photographers have lots of pictures of me out there - including on the finish line.

I have sent 3/4 emails to SAS with no reply whatsoever... only silence.

And yes - my board was checked before the race (same board we used Saturday).

Same thing happened to me. Sent multiple mails with no response until eventually the super helpful Wynand sorted me in no time - wynand@saseeding.co.za

To the dumbass chop that rode into the back of my old man after the finish. Dumb sh@! you are!

It is after the blerrie race, you can slow down. People are moving at a slower speed, you should anticipate people crossing over. But no, you decide to have a go at a grand masters competitor (he podiumed in his category) telling him off. Thanks to you he has to go to hospital for x-rays to have his elbow and shoulder checked out.

Dumbass chop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey Dumbass Chop

Your decision to race through the finish exit and hitting my old man from behind not only resulted in him injuring his elbow and shoulder, but his front wheel (dt swiss) buckled and has to be replaced. With him being a grand master, cash definitely is not flowing in copious amounts. He has to opt for a cheaper replacement - but still at R2500 - your idiotic decision has cost him physically and financially.

Again, dumbass chop

Edited by cjlieben

Hey Dumbass Chop

Your decision to race through the finish exit and hitting my old man from behind not only resulted in him injuring his elbow and shoulder, but his front wheel (dt swiss) buckled and has to be replaced. With him being a grand master, cash definitely is not flowing in copious amounts. He has to opt for a cheaper replacement - but still at R2500 - your idiotic decision has cost him physically and financially.

Again, dumbass chop

Shame man, did you not get enough likes on your first post in this thread?

Shame man, did you not get enough likes on your first post in this thread?

No not yet....

Just pisses me off that an idiot's actions has resulted in what it has.

I was hoping he was on LeHub. But alas not...

Just needed to vent. Apologies

During an event, riders have right of way over walkers, regardless of batch.

Agree, but my biggest concern is the guys who try to repair their bikes in the single track