Maybe time to stop using Strava?

Paul Ruinaard

You can only say that when you have almost every KOM in the area you ride in, and the likes are all that's left...:whistling:

(Sorry... I checked your name history :) )

Haha!! No I don't!!! Liar!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly rouge riding. Just the early adopters getting screwed over by the johnny come lately no respect bunch. Take the Constantia Greenbelts. We've been riding them since the 70's without any hassles. Except for the type of bike we were on. Then guys got silly and rode while the walkers or horses were out and a clampdown came. Now some new age mountain biker takes credit for opening up trails that were open 40 years ago.

So what you're saying is, it was ok for you to rogue ride, but not for others....?

or am I misunderstanding your POV?

Haha!! No I don't!!! Liar!!

A few of us late-comers to the Strava training methods look up the Strava mountain and see u okes... Then we get close to a loop's time and then find another tougher loop including some mountain that is even faster.

It's like Russian nesting dolls.

Excuse if I don't 'Like' hehe

A few of us late-comers to the Strava training methods look up the Strava mountain and see u okes... Then we get close to a loop's time and then find another tougher loop including some mountain that is even faster.

It's like Russian nesting dolls.

Excuse if I don't 'Like' hehe

Drop the Friday Night Beers ????????????

btw, I'm not here to be Liked, only to enjoy my Bike ????????????

So what you're saying is, it was ok for you to rogue ride, but not for others....?

or am I misunderstanding your POV?

I think what he is saying is that prior to the demise of Tokai there was more or less tolerance between the peeps who cycled the belts and the other users. With the sudden increase in numbers came problems with people riding in busy dog walker infested areas and generally increasing the profile of cycling in the belts that was not sustainable.

Is that PC enough for you?

Drop the Friday Night Beers ????????????

The very least of my problems! Age, skill, weight and bravery to be addressed first...

I think what he is saying is that prior to the demise of Tokai there was more or less tolerance between the peeps who cycled the belts and the other users. With the sudden increase in numbers came problems with people riding in busy dog walker infested areas and generally increasing the profile of cycling in the belts that was not sustainable.

Is that PC enough for you?

I think that's headshot talking for headshot.

The very least of my problems! Age, skill, weight and bravery to be addressed first...

Only one issue to deal with then! Glad you didn't mention it #stupidity ????

I have (by now) learned to overcome this inclination ????

Only one issue to deal with then! Glad you didn't mention it #stupidity ????

I have (by now) learned to overcome this inclination ????

In order to be stupid, you have to first be able to think about what you are doing on the bike. I am taking skills lessons and will soon be able to be ready to think about being stupid.

In order to be stupid, you have to first be able to think about what you are doing on the bike. I am taking skills lessons and will soon be able to be ready to think about being stupid.

Exactly, me doing stupid things is not by choice, I am just hanging on repeating "dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum" over and over in my head.

This does mean that I end up going faster than I should/can and am therefore out of control most of the time :blush:

Why do you pay for skills lessons, when you can be STUPID, and chase other stupid people's KOM's!!???#forFREE ????????

...barr one or four medical care sessions ????

Exactly, me doing stupid things is not by choice, I am just hanging on repeating "dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum, dont brake, keep momentum" over and over in my head.

This does mean that I end up going faster than I should/can and am therefore out of control most of the time :blush:

I succumbed, finally, to my feminine side and went for lessons with a phenomenal downhill rider. It was shocking how badly I was doing things - slowly and surely I am doing the segments much faster (relative to myself) and trying a lot less to go fast. To an anal analytic like myself it was a huge mind shift but I'm no longer clenching like a gorilla and enjoying things much more.

Why do you pay for skills lessons, when you can be STUPID, and chase other stupid people's KOM's!!???#forFREE

Here is a good reason :P

http://images.emedicinehealth.com/images/emedicinehealth/broken-clavicle2.jpg

Why do you pay for skills lessons, when you can be STUPID, and chase other stupid people's KOM's!!???#forFREE ????????

Ja ja... our mutual friend Frank keeps telling me similar things after he has klapped Cobra a few times for fun. Ag, just ride the Widowmaker, just do it. I hear 'just do it' but my mind says 'just stupid'

...spine seems ok,..you'll be good in 3 days ????

Eish, your pelvis is manky... :)

Archived