Maybe time to stop using Strava?

Paul Ruinaard

Nail on the head!

99% of the Hubs moans and complaints can be solved by these few words: "Show consideration to other people"

simple..

.....yet so very difficult

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simple..

.....yet so very difficult

It is difficult, sad but true.

Its in our nature to think that rules apply to EVERYBODY !! ALL THE TIME!!! but only to me when it suits me...

Problem is not Strava. The problem is the @sshole. If not Strava then something else. How do you think these same people behave when they are driving their cars? At work? In relationships?

Words by which we should all live: "Don't be a dwis. Be lekker"

I don't understand, if you shout STRAVA everyone can hear you coming and its all safe!!

at the speeds quoted, Doppler effect makes that AAAAAAAaavaaaa

Problem is not Strava. The problem is the @sshole. If not Strava then something else. How do you think these same people behave when they are driving their cars? At work? In relationships?

generally they are always taking selfies

WTF is happening, is this Logic Friday or something???

I agree so much with that.

Makes me think of old Jack, I have quoted old Jack so many times in meetings.

http://cedricjacomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Attitude-about-the-problem.jpg

The only time when someone needs to collect 'evidence' is when someone else was riding with no regard for any of the other trail users.

Umm, no, not always. Its also the fun killers and those with sensitive dispositions and don't like sharing and no idea what MTB is  etc etc  who complain. 

One of the segments regularly gets road rides confused - check it's really inside the bg.

Yes indeed. Also GPS glitches... Someone rode one of our green belt trails recently and clocked 70 odd km/h average speed although his max was 36 km/h. I flagged it. 

why not just make rides private? Does the whole world have to know what an individual did this weekend?

I think that the underlying euphoric moment of every segment hunter/cheater, is not the position on the leaderboard, BUT the amount of 'Likes' accumulated by this "Stravaultes Effort"...#eksoekAANDAGasseblief#likemyofekgaanDOOD

"Anyone that thinks it's okay to do 30+mph on multi use bike trails and record it for public consumption is a moron and a douche bag. I have tried Strava, found it dumb, and quit using it. It inspires people to be rude and dangerous toward other trail users. 100% of the people that use Strava long term are ashholes. You people deserve what you get."

I didn't say it.

You just did.

I'm just gonna start changing my exercise profile to "trail running".

Should even give me some KOM spots, I hope. Some of those guys run pretty fast...

A trail runner blew past me on the way up to King's Blockhouse on Tuesday eve. It was like I wasn't even moving. It hurt!

Rouge riding. In Cape Town neeeeeva.

Hardly rouge riding. Just the early adopters getting screwed over by the johnny come lately no respect bunch. Take the Constantia Greenbelts. We've been riding them since the 70's without any hassles. Except for the type of bike we were on. Then guys got silly and rode while the walkers or horses were out and a clampdown came. Now some new age mountain biker takes credit for opening up trails that were open 40 years ago.

I think that the underlying euphoric moment of every segment hunter/cheater, is not the position on the leaderboard, BUT the amount of 'Likes' accumulated by this "Stravaultes Effort"...#eksoekAANDAGasseblief#likemyofekgaanDOOD

You can only say that when you have almost every KOM in the area you ride in, and the likes are all that's left...:whistling:

(Sorry... I checked your name history :) )

Its social media just like FB or this website where  people feed off liked posts and congratulatory comments and put others down if the urge takes them. 

Archived