Bearing Stuck To Suspension Pivot Bolt

dev  null

bump. nothing nada no help?? :huh: :huh:

Blind bearing puller - there are some hacks using rawlbolts and the like - but they dont work as well as the real deal imho - think you can find chinese sets for about 1500 if you look around - enduro bearings resell one - check with rushsports or your local speciality tool store.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Enduro one is the same as the chinese one except with a fancy sticker on the outside and 4x the price...

Edited by ichnusa

• 5 years later...

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I had this EXACT issue this last week. Came across this tread, reading all this.

I have a BMC Fourstroke that I bought a while ago for a steal, but it had clearly never been maintained. Been slowly rebuilding it and got to the pivot bearings this week. What a total pain. Sat with 2 of these seized pivot bolt/bearing combos.

How I got them off eventually with the pivot bolts undamaged (after trying almost everything in this thread) was like this:

Use a Dremel and cut the outer race off. The seals and balls come out easily once that's done. Then use the demel cut almost through on 2 opposite sides on the inner race. Once done, clamp the inner race in a bench vice on sides of the race that hasn't been cut, then clamp down hard on the vice and the race snaps and splits in 2 and comes right off.

Hope this helps someone somewhere