Hunsberg Hellride (Namibia)

straatvark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am busy turning green with envy!!!

Really increadible to see so much water there! Where was that river crossing?

hehe - thought you would respond Wink  - The Craven family were mentioned around the fire in the evenings.

Because the Vis river destroyed the normal route we stayed on Godwana property - also as an experiment to give them feedback on MTB potential  etc - and what a MTB heaven it is...

The river crossing is close to the "Augrabies farm opstal" (spelling?)

My magtig maar dis mooi!!!

Going through those photos just brought on a serious bout of homesickness...

WOW!

Mr Redeker does quite a good Laurence of Arabia impression there Smile

straatvark, nice photo's of the mrs and the Zaskar!  I'm sure the tourist board are going to want some of those pics.

I'm jealous...

hehe - thought you would respond Wink  - The Craven family were mentioned around the fire in the evenings.

Because the Vis river destroyed the normal route we stayed on Godwana property - also as an experiment to give them feedback on MTB potential  etc - and what a MTB heaven it is...

The river crossing is close to the "Augrabies farm opstal" (spelling?)
[/quote']

Could it have been Augurabis?  That's a farm on the eastern side of the Fish?

dylankeyter, we started at 8:00. (The camp need to be taken down and packed some days and on the normal "route" everyday) Although a lot hotter than Cape Town, the heat this time of the year is not to bad. The first day your body struggle but from then on its fine.

"Augurabis" is correct Nothingness

Jislaaik!! And to think the day before you went there you cycled in the rain!!

Cant we take a hubber group next year!!! It looks awesome!

dylankeyter' date=' we started at 8:00. (The camp need to be taken down and packed some days and on the normal "route" everyday) Although a lot hotter than Cape Town, the heat this time of the year is not to bad. The first day your body struggle but from then on its fine.

"Augurabis" is correct Nothingness
[/quote']

Thanks - thought it was.  I was there over ten years ago but the river was also flowing then.  Never ceases to surprise me when everything else looks so dry.

Also, thanks for the pics.  I've been in that area so many times but can never get over how beautiful it is there!  Will definitely have to make a plan to be there next year.

Wow never thought I would say this but miles and miles of nothing looks so inviting.

Jislaaik!! And to think the day before you went there you cycled in the rain!!

Cant we take a hubber group next year!!! It looks awesome!

awww man straatvark its awesome its like when i post those seaside pics the gautengers go green .

well I am grass green CryCryCryCry looks so stunning jis like.

BMC fan damm good suggestion my friend count me in please if you take a group of hubbers !!!!

PS I am a master chef WinkWink

ahh, a good chef is always good to have Big%20smile - what "Weskus"  food are your speciality or do you recommend for a big pot on the fire?

(I was considering taking snoek this year but was afraid how long it will keep fresh in a good cooler box)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, The Godwana people are looking at this thread and might just react on your comments Wink

Straatvark, dis stunning!! Vertel meer van die roete wat julle gery het - wil ook nou gaan!!

Ek het Poison belowe ons gaan Panorama toe volgende jaar!! en nou lyk die Hellride so lekker!!

Keuses Keuses - wat sou julle doen???