Juma flats?

scubes

So I did the 1st Juma 50km in 2014 and in the storm water drain a lady wiped out in front of me. Had to dodge her carefully. :huh:  Slippery in there not due to water but due to moss or whatever grows in that place. 

Would it be better this year to do it with flat pedals?

I did it with flats the first time. Really helped when people in front of me kept stopping at every bump for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted the spiked Giant flats (from Linden Cycles) for the first Juma and haven't taken them off yet.

"Riding" in the crowds was far more confident with the flats and walking in takkies was also more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the first one with clipless, this year it will be platforms. Makes more sense and I also just want to be better in general... so I won't be clipping in anytime soon.!

Also did the first JUMA with clips and very much regretted it. I have since fitted a set of Giant Flat pedals (I call them the shin splitters, them spikes be sharp and unforgiving) since I am more into the whole DH/Enduro scene and I must admit I have never been happier on the bike. Takes a bit of getting used to, but the additional confidence is amazing....specially when you need to get off the bike fast!

Archived