Tour de France Fantasy Tour 2016

Frosty

Must go looks for last year's dream team.. besides for Sagan and Froome would be interesting to.see how consistent the guys are over 2 years

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the rules and prizes are set out from the beginning... however, it is a bit silly and sad that "Sanmarie's Team" and "Ketotte" who ended up in the top three, walks away with nothing.

Hi Gerald.

Quick suggestion for future. Perhaps keep the prizes the same with the grand prize for the last stage but make the criteria different. Instead of a third green jersey comp on stage 20, make it the yellow jersey for that stage as it almost never changes on the final stage and then consider making overall points the winner of the 21st stage. That way the actual winner of the fantasy league gets the big prize! It does seem crazy that winning the fantasy league can get you nothing after the 3 weeks when the prizes are so attractive on all the stages over the 3 weeks!

Good job on this! It's cool to see what it has grown into! :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I know the rules and prizes are set out from the beginning... however, it is a bit silly and sad that "Sanmarie's Team" and "Ketotte" who ended up in the top three, walks away with nothing.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Wonder how big of a turnout we'll have if we asked an entry fee. I mean, even at R10 an entry with the entries we received that's well over R6K. And then you split that between positions 2-10 or something.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Wonder how big of a turnout we'll have if we asked an entry fee. I mean, even at R10 an entry with the entries we received that's well over R6K. And then you split that between positions 2-10 or something.

A better way of doing that is have a voluntary option of buying in and the members that choose to do this are the only one's eligible for the win. That way, you still get the entries of the members who would choose not to keeping the advertisers and their marketing efforts well supported!

Edited by Tubehunter

Hi Gerald.

Quick suggestion for future. Perhaps keep the prizes the same with the grand prize for the last stage but make the criteria different. Instead of a third green jersey comp on stage 20, make it the yellow jersey for that stage as it almost never changes on the final stage and then consider making overall points the winner of the 21st stage. That way the actual winner of the fantasy league gets the big prize! It does seem crazy that winning the fantasy league can get you nothing after the 3 weeks when the prizes are so attractive on all the stages over the 3 weeks!

Good job on this! It's cool to see what it has grown into! :thumbup: :thumbup:

For the record, the overall winner of the Fantasy Tour did (or will) receive the big prize.

5fd01c0fe20f369a8914d7a9b084db8a.png

The daily prizes (stage 21 included) are smaller prizes to keep it interesting throughout the Tour.

Keep your suggestions coming, although I personally have nothing to do with the prizes. That was organised by Admin and his team - while the scoring and competition format is what I contribute.

Edited by geraldm24

I'll mention this to Admin, or I'm sure there he will read these posts.

I'm so upset I never won anything, I'm not going to play this game again.  :angry:

Until next year. 

Thanks Gerald and Matt and team for the fun as always, and well done to the winners and the Lanterne Rouge too 

Edit - and flipping hell - your excel skills .....higher grade stuff  :clap:

Edited by Uni

Below is the dream team, one that would have scored you maximum possible points (4983).

Bearing in mind that it can only be made up of 12 riders, with substitutions timed right.

attachicon.gifDreamTeam-2016.PNG

Week 1 - Alaphilippe OUT, Yates IN

Week 2 - CAvendish, Kittel & Coquard OUT, Alaphillppe, Greipel, Costa IN

Costa was the surprise, as many felt he wasn't supporting Louis - here's the proof.

attachicon.gifDreamTeam2016.PNG

Hi Gerald, not sure if it's just me but if Greipel only scored 77 points (was only used for the last week) surly Romain Bardet would have been a better pick scouring 144 points in the last week?

Edited by Spoke101

A great competition ... 

Just a question .. if you are a prize winner // what are the next steps ?

Maybe it was covered before ?

Hi Gerald, not sure if it's just me but if Greipel only scored 77 points (was only used for the last week) surly Romain Bardet would have been a better pick scouring 144 points in the last week?

It's possible - I will check again

It's possible - I will check again

I had Greipel in the first week originally and then took him out as the last week sub.

Great Competition, if you win a prize bonus and well done, if you don't tough ****.

Question did people only enter because there were prizes? I know I don't, its just an added bonus. (I didn't win anything)

Once again, Thanks Gerald and Admin.

Well then they should have got their choices right and won the competition.