[Event] Winter Crit Challenge #2 (Gauteng)

Frosty

If everyone brings at least one friend to the next event, then we'll have a really great future for Crit racing.

Elites want to race for 60 minutes. I'm sure we can bump the Vets up to 30, maybe 45 minutes.

Then there are the kids. They can race on the shorter version of the circuit, making it a truly family friendly race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45min please

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45min please

An hour too long? [emoji85][emoji23]

An email has just been sent to everyone that took part - at least to those whose handwriting I could read. Suggestions include up to 45 mins as well as allowing the Vets to race with the Elites.

Also requested suitable venues to host events, although I have been speaking to a few others that want to plan racing in their area.

Martin van Wyk and Richard Baxter were 1st and 2nd in the Elite category. Martin then did the double by winning the 30-49 category too.

Nice going Gerald - down here in the WeePEE we are hosting our last 2 events in the Autumn and Winter League then we take a well earned rest in September.

do you know if the other districts in Gauteng have been encouraged by your initiative? or has the CSA Road director expressed any interest in the results?

Nice going Gerald - down here in the WeePEE we are hosting our last 2 events in the Autumn and Winter League then we take a well earned rest in September.

do you know if the other districts in Gauteng have been encouraged by your initiative? or has the CSA Road director expressed any interest in the results?

Andy, I must say that it's been great fun going from having a club champs series (3 events) to hosting two events with non-members. The first one was good, this last one was even better.

There is another informal one on the 3rd of September. Organised by an ex member of our club that has a bike touring company (for anyone reading thus, go to www.cycleafrica.com for more info). Then another event planned for September too, by a participant at our 2 events. I will share the details once he has firmed up the details - I think he's trying to arrange the road closure at the iconic business/shopping area in Joburg.

Back to your post...

The road comm for Northern Gauteng (Zeffer on this forum) attended our first event to get an understanding of how it works. They are looking at 2-3 venues, so I assume more events will follow.

We (my club) are planning at least 5, maybe more for next year. The guys that took part seem excited about it and we need to get them to bring their friends to grow the series.

And then I saw another club hosts their club champs on relatively quiet roads. I'll be getting in touch with their chairman to see if they'll be prepared to host a few events with us.

We have one person interested as a sponsor (which will cover a big chunk of the costs for mandatory services). So I guess the answer to your question is... There is interest.

For now, there's a MTB and Road race to prepare for in November - only 76 days to go. Time flies, so it's time to take a step back and enjoy the training/riding for a bit.

I must say "thanks" for the guidelines. For our club it's about giving back to the cycling community.

Good luck for the final 2 events.

Andy, I must say that it's been great fun going from having a club champs series (3 events) to hosting two events with non-members. The first one was good, this last one was even better.

There is another informal one on the 3rd of September. Organised by an ex member of our club that has a bike touring company (for anyone reading thus, go to www.cycleafrica.com for more info). Then another event planned for September too, by a participant at our 2 events. I will share the details once he has firmed up the details - I think he's trying to arrange the road closure at the iconic business/shopping area in Joburg.

Back to your post...

The road comm for Northern Gauteng (Zeffer on this forum) attended our first event to get an understanding of how it works. They are looking at 2-3 venues, so I assume more events will follow.

We (my club) are planning at least 5, maybe more for next year. The guys that took part seem excited about it and we need to get them to bring their friends to grow the series.

And then I saw another club hosts their club champs on relatively quiet roads. I'll be getting in touch with their chairman to see if they'll be prepared to host a few events with us.

We have one person interested as a sponsor (which will cover a big chunk of the costs for mandatory services). So I guess the answer to your question is... There is interest.

For now, there's a MTB and Road race to prepare for in November - only 76 days to go. Time flies, so it's time to take a step back and enjoy the training/riding for a bit.

I must say "thanks" for the guidelines. For our club it's about giving back to the cycling community.

Good luck for the final 2 events.

cyclists doing it for cyclists - we have to do it - if we can unearth a few more riders like the impeys , meintjies , janse van rensburgs i'll be happy - the youngsters in Europe grow up on crits. thats where they get the bike handling skill that our youngsters dont have.